Heyward May Have Crashed the OF Market

Camden_yardbird

If Boras calls in the next half hour, it will be to say that a mystery team has offered 170, but Chris would rather play for the O's for 160.

Isn't that a coincedence, we had a myarey player call and offer to play with us for $140, but we would rather pay Chris $150. :)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't be surprised if the Players Assn takes some action against the Heyward contract.

Huh? He's not worth 23 million a year as it is. I would have preferred him over Chris Davis but it's still a lot for a guy who isn't a game changing hitter.

Huh? He's not worth 23 million a year as it is. I would have preferred him over Chris Davis but it's still a lot for a guy who isn't a game changing hitter.

100% Agree. We are talking about the players union taking action against Heyward contract that pays him 23 million a year guaranteed over an 8 year period with opt outs if he wants them. Wow! smh lol

Nats offered, or were "believed" to have offered $200, per Jon Heyman....

Good Christmas. How is it that the Orioles hold the MASN purse strings... etc. etc. Yet the Nationals behave like a large-market team... and we're perennial dumpster divers?

Meanwhile, this makes the Davis contract offer look even more sensible... maybe even a bit generous.

Good Christmas. How is it that the Orioles hold the MASN purse strings... etc. etc. Yet the Nationals behave like a large-market team... and we're perennial dumpster divers?

Meanwhile, this makes the Davis contract offer look even more sensible... maybe even a bit generous.

The Orioles were "believed" to have up their offer to 184 million for Davis. But they didn't.

You did see where they let one of their starters walk right?

You'd be surprised how much ADD/ADHD can affect your performance, whether it's baseball or anything else.

There's a reason college kids get them for finals week.

Davis hit 53 HR without Aderall. He takes something else now. It has no effect on his baseball performance.

Is that a fact? From what I read the difference is that it's less likely to be abused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davis took Adderall in TEX but he didn't like some of the side effects it affected his appetite etc. so he didn't take it in the winter. Because he wasn't taking it consistently he failed testing when it didn't show up in his system. He didn't take it in BAL. This new stuff doesn't have the side effects.

Why is Cespedes worth more than Upton/Gordon? His 6.7 WAR in 2015 seems to be a defensive anomaly. Not to mention he's a headcase.

How is Cespedes more of a headcase than Davis? Because he misplayed a ball in the playoffs, playing a position he was probably stretched to play? At least he was in the game. Davis has a PED supsenision. Meaning his next one will be for an entire year. Cespedes gets punished for an error?

Archived