John Danks DFA

weams

After watching Danks' start against us last week, I didn't see anything that makes me think he can still be an effective starter in the major leagues anymore.

Not even if we let him move his foot on the rubber and tell him to go back to being himself?

Danks has had reverse splits for much of his career, and overall is neutral. He's not really and asset vs LH hitters, even as a reliever. His only good pitch he's ever had has been his changeup, and he's lost so much velocity on his fastball that his changeup is not effective anymore. He's not a major league pitcher.

His shoulder surgery was difficult and he was never able to fully recover and return to his old form. The White Sox are playing good baseball. They can't afford to lose every time Danks takes the mound. He was 0-4 with a 7.25 ERA in his 4 starts this season. His career is effectively over. The White Sox are going to eat almost $12 million of his $14.25 million salary this season. If they thought he could help them they wouldn't DFA him.

I'll never be mad a depth milb signing. Norfolk's SP has been pretty terrible with Mac, Wilson and Wright all being with the O's. But if I was Danks, I would try and catch on with an NL team. Heck, Norris is still getting starts for the Braves and has a 7.92 ERA in 5 starts. He's getting close to breaking Matusz's record.

I'll never be mad a depth milb signing. Norfolk's SP has been pretty terrible with Mac, Wilson and Wright all being with the O's. But if I was Danks, I would try and catch on with an NL team. Heck, Norris is still getting starts for the Braves and has a 7.92 ERA in 5 starts. He's getting close to breaking Matusz's record.

Bud got removed from the rotation Monday.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tomorrow's starting pitcher: <a href="https://twitter.com/Folty25">@folty25</a> ⚡️ <a href="https://t.co/ip5UsPEi3B">pic.twitter.com/ip5UsPEi3B</a></p>— Atlanta Braves (@Braves) <a href="

">May 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived