A Role for Kim

Filmstudy

Anyone notice that Buck did not congratulate or even look at Kim after he hit his dinger? Not sure if it means anything honestly but I noticed it on the broadcast.

Even my girlfriend, a newcomer to baseball, noticed it. So I'm sure Kim did too.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone notice that Buck did not congratulate or even look at Kim after he hit his dinger? Not sure if it means anything honestly but I noticed it on the broadcast.

I just watched this on the Seattle broadcast right now. Buck was one of the first people leaning out to congratulate Kim as got back to the dugout before they panned away. He was looking right at him. Not sure what MASN shows but check out ROOT and you'll see what I mean.

I took the liberty of providing evidence. First pic notice Buck actually looking around Russell to get Kim's attention and notice the position of his right hand. In the second photo, notice his right hand raised even more for a shake.

IIuDDeM.jpg

fWZ577f.jpg

I just watched this on the Seattle broadcast right now. Buck was one of the first people leaning out to congratulate Kim as got back to the dugout before they panned away. He was looking right at him. Not sure what MASN shows but check out ROOT and you'll see what I mean.

I just looked more carefully at the MASN clip used by mlb.com again. It was only after going thru it slo-mo and stop-framing it a few times that I realized why we couldn't see Buck before: the angle is such that Russell blocks one's view of Buck going behind him to shake Kim's hand. The MASN camera angle is very different from ROOT's. I take back my earlier observation.

I just looked more carefully at the MASN clip used by mlb.com again. It was only after going thru it slo-mo and stop-framing it a few times that I realized why we couldn't see Buck before: the angle is such that Russell blocks one's view of Buck going behind him to shake Kim's hand. I take back my earlier observation.

Seattle definitely had a better view of him returning to the dugout.

I found one more. This one has a zinger by DD explicitly saying Kim will only make the roster because he refused a demotion. Ok that's all I got!

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck-blog/-final-orioles-roster-includes-kim-but-no-clear-road-map-for-his-success-20160403-story.html

He did only make the club because he refused an assignment. Not because he earned it. Even though he has since. He certainly prospered under the program that they used go get him to this point.

He did only make the club because he refused an assignment. Not because he earned it. Even though he has since. He certainly prospered under the program that they used go get him to this point.

He earned it.

He negotiated a contract that ensured him of a spot on the ML roster.

That's earning it.

Not performing to Buck's expectations is irrelevant.

I dont get it either, but its over with, and why do we want to keep rehashing whats long over and done with?

Thank you. Jesus on a Popsicle stick, let's move on. Who cares how Buck got to this decision. We're winning. He's playing. Give it up already. If we want to dwell on the past, there's '98 to '11 if anyone wants to go there. Buy who would?

He earned it.

He negotiated a contract that ensured him of a spot on the ML roster.

That's earning it.

Not performing to Buck's expectations is irrelevant.

I disagree. But that's what message boards are for. He did not earn it on the field. How's that. And that is what Dan meant.

I don't get the feeling that Buck is a guy who agonizes that much over things like that. Bottom line, they didn't cut him, and eventually gave him a chance to prove himself, and when he did, Buck played him. He could end up with about 400 PA for the season, which is about what I expected before the spring training started.

Sensible. Captain Sensible, in fact.

What program was that? A Special diet of pine splinters?

BaloneyAmericanAirlinesRacistAds.jpg

Archived