Buck is disappointed with "Chai Tea" drinkers.

weams

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a vague, misleading reference. It would be helpful if this thread provided the actual quote and its context.

"If you watch him [Trumbo] during the game, he's a real student of the pitchers. Listening to him talking in the advance meetings and seeing him in the video room all the time, this guy is a student of the other pitcher. He's not up the runway drinking some chai tea or something. He's getting ready for his next at-bat, trying to look for an edge -- not that anything's wrong with tea."

It's great that the quote became availalbe. In my cord cutting/mlbtv extravaganza I managed to retain basic cable plus MASN on one TV, with no DVR. So I can never quite get those quotes until someone posts them. Thanks to Paul and John Meoli for getting the words. If not the facial ticks.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-yankees-0505-20160504-story.html

Weams is my favorite moderator.

Paul Folk is (in my rat's ass of an opinion) the best moderator.

It seems that Buck does not really have a problem with chai, just with the timing of its use. If he had a problem with something, I wish it was smokeless tobacco. As someone who has spent time in head and neck cancer surgery clinics, when I see young men using this it just absolutely terrifies and sickens me.

Good question. Maybe its irrelevant. Maybe its just the concept that bothers him. Just that someone out there could possibly be sipping chai tea on a runway somewhere gets his goat.
Buck did not just make up the Chai Tea. Heck, he could not even pronounce it.

Archived