vs. ROYALS, 6/06

Sessh

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Free Stowers! RHP, Mountcastle on the bench, if the kid doesn't play today he's never going to.
    • Terrific.  So my board experience will stay the same then and you'll continue to be a non-entity in my world.
    • Brandon Hyde told us after the last game Gunnar would be leading off, so as much as I want to see Westburg in front of Gunnar, this comes as no surprise.
    • Thanks. I appreciate the support. I should have put them on ignore when they were pulling their schtick with Moose last week. That was remedied today.
    • Agree. Coulombe’s K/BB rates are actually better against righties but he’s vulnerable to HR’s against them.  I don’t really trust Webb as a set up guy and would rather see him in the 5th-7th innings. Cano’s whiff % is up almost 5% from last year as is his chase rate, but his K% is down 3%. He isn’t going to rack up a ton of K’s but it should still improve based off those metrics. I do still think they need another RHP in the pen who can strike guys out at a high clip.
    • Gametime:  7:45 pm EDT Forecast:  83 degrees, scattered thunderstorms between 7pm and 9pm Eastern (6pm and 7pm Central) Matchup:  Dean Kremer (R) vs Sonny Gray (R) Lineups SS  G. Henderson L C   Adley Rutschman S 1B  Ryan O'Hearn L 3B  Jordan Westburg R DH  Anthony Santander S RF  Colton Cowser L LF  Austin Hays R CF  Cedric Mullins L 2B  Jorge Mateo R LF  Brendan Donovan L RF  Lars Nootbaar L 1B  Paul Goldschmidt R 3B  Nolan Arenado R DH  Alec Burleson L C   Ivan Herrera R 2B  Nolan Gorman L SS  Masyn Winn R CF  Mike Siani L Orioles Bench James McCann (R) Ryan Mountcastle (R) Kyle Stowers (L) Ramon Urias (R)   Orioles Bullpen Available Keegan Akin (L)   1.0 IP, 11p Friday Yennier Cano (R)  0.1 IP, 5p Saturday;  0.2 IP, 3p Friday Albert Suarez (R)   0.2 IP, 15p Saturday Danny Coulombe (L)   0.1 IP, 10p Saturday Craig Kimbrel  (R)   1.0 IP, 14p yesterday Probably Available Cionel Perez (L)   1.2 IP, 32p Saturday Maybe Available Jacob Webb (R)    0.0 IP, 11p yesterday;  0.1 IP, 14p Friday  Not Available Cole Irvin (L)  2.0 IP, 13p  yesterday  
    • I do think that this past offseason blew up in the face of Boras and his tactics, so we might be witnessing a league wide course correction/backlash against his negotiation tactics. There might be stagnation in the size of contracts being handed out with so many big market teams stuck in the payroll tax pit. And if that is the case, then it’s possible that some of us could be exaggerating expectations on his contract to some degree.
  • Popular Contributors