Reimold heating up?

oriole_way

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interesting thing about Reimold's year so far is his plate discipline. He's walked 11 times and struckout 14 times in 89 at bats. His slow start and lack of power might be due to cutting down his swing to reduce the strikeouts.

2-5 with a double.

Unfortunately I don't know where to find a complete game log (beyond the 10 game log that they show on web.minorleague.com), but he has been batting pretty well over his past 18 games or so. I know this since my original post in this thread charted his 10 game log 8 games ago.

His last 10 games:

.333 AVG

.385 OBP

.639 SLG

1.024 OPS

The interesting thing about Reimold's year so far is his plate discipline. He's walked 11 times and struckout 14 times in 89 at bats. His slow start and lack of power might be due to cutting down his swing to reduce the strikeouts.

Smart kid, making adjustments, hopefully.

Bump. OPS up to .785. 2-5 tonight with a double and a game winning 2 run jack in the bottom of the 10th. Also, no K's in 5 AB's. Very interesting. The homer was to CF (Reimold not in pull mode) and now has 21 K's in 143 AB's. That's a significantly lower K rate than he's ever been and now the power is returning. 3 K's in his last 41 AB's. Small sample size? A new approach at the plate? What do you all think?

Health and more consistent at bats possibly??

Bump. OPS up to .785. 2-5 tonight with a double and a game winning 2 run jack in the bottom of the 10th. Also, no K's in 5 AB's. Very interesting. The homer was to CF (Reimold not in pull mode) and now has 21 K's in 143 AB's. That's a significantly lower K rate than he's ever been and now the power is returning. 3 K's in his last 41 AB's. Small sample size? A new approach at the plate? What do you all think?

Is it time for a promotion? Not only because he's hot at the plate, but also because there was the story in spring that he felt like he should have been invited to major league camp, which he probably should have. I think it's time to finally reward him for his efforts.

Is it time for a promotion? Not only because he's hot at the plate, but also because there was the story in spring that he felt like he should have been invited to major league camp, which he probably should have. I think it's time to finally reward him for his efforts.

No, not until the minor league all-star break at the earliest. Let him get into a groove and stay there for a month.

but also because there was the story in spring that he felt like he should have been invited to major league camp

I remember that story. Don't read too much into what came off as Reimold sounding spoiled. I can tell you that by being around the guy for almost a year and a half, he's not the type to complain about that sort of thing or a lack of a promotion, etc. Any promotion received by Reimold will be earned solely by his work on the diamond. No one has to worry about Reimold being a prima donna or anything, trust me. He's a hard worker.

I just wanted to put in my two cents regarding the story that ran during spring training. I felt it painted Reimold in a light that is far from his character.

Possibly. The one thing I've always seen members within the organization harp on about Reimold is getting too pull happy. I'm guessing that they've either shortened his swing a bit or just gotten him to wait a little longer on pitches and use the whole field more. Maybe sacrifice a little power for more contact. In the end though, more consistent contact will probably lead to more overall power numbers. Just a guess. I've noticed a few of his homers being hit to CF which is a good sign. I'd love to see one or two go out to RF as well.

He said after the game tonight that he was sitting on a cutter the entire at bat. Lo and behold, he got one and crushed it to the deepest part of the ballpark. I think Reimold would be the first to admit that the key behind his recent success is a combination of building up consistent at bats and just falling into a rhythm where he sees the ball better.

I remember that story. Don't read too much into what came off as Reimold sounding spoiled. I can tell you that by being around the guy for almost a year and a half, he's not the type to complain about that sort of thing or a lack of a promotion, etc. Any promotion received by Reimold will be earned solely by his work on the diamond. No one has to worry about Reimold being a prima donna or anything, trust me. He's a hard worker.

I just wanted to put in my two cents regarding the story that ran during spring training. I felt it painted Reimold in a light that is far from his character.

Oh, I didn't think he came off that bad. I actually thought he at least deserved a look-see, myself. My point was that I think he is very close to actually earning a promotion, considering he's now played over 80 games at Bowie and had a stint (or was it two?) in the AFL.

Archived