2016 7th Round Pick - Preston Palmeiro - 1B - North Carolina State

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If the swing and batting eye are identical, forget power -- this would be a steal in round seven.

I think it will be a steal. He's 20 or 21, so I think he still has time to fill-out his frame. He could add 10lbs of muscle and start mashing. I'm hesitant to say easily, well, because it ain't easy doing either of those. I agree with you, if his swing and batting eye are identical, he is going to be fun to watch.

What I'm interested in is what his glove and footwork at 1B is. Does he have the same instincts with the glove that pops had? Raffy was all around great.

I think it will be a steal. He's 20 or 21, so I think he still has time to fill-out his frame. He could add 10lbs of muscle and start mashing. I'm hesitant to say easily, well, because it ain't easy doing either of those. I agree with you, if his swing and batting eye are identical, he is going to be fun to watch.

What I'm interested in is what his glove and footwork at 1B is. Does he have the same instincts with the glove that pops had? Raffy was all around great.

Please help TINSTAPP and ARTVANDELAY with the threads for today. They offered there kind assistance, but may need MOD skills for merging, moving, etc. Thanks. /Request

• 2 weeks later...
He probably needs to go back to State then 'cause +-$200K probably won't do it. ;)

Well it's better thank the 10k senior signing bonus he could be looking at next year. He's already 21.5 years old. We don't know the details on the other guys in the top 10 signing. The offer might be less than slot for him.

Well it's better thank the 10k senior signing bonus he could be looking at next year. He's already 21.5 years old. We don't know the details on the other guys in the top 10 signing. The offer might be less than slot for him.

Well I guess he needs to do his due diligence and become the next Joey Baseball then...:clap3:

Archived