vs. BLUE JAYS, 6/12

OFFNY

He stands there and watches it for a few seconds.. every single time. So does practically everyone that hits a home run. Winning game seven of the WS would mean benches clearing celebration, jumping into the catcher's

arms and everyone hugging and jumping around. He did a fist pump and a "Yeah!", so what? I just don't get why this stuff bothers people so much.

It wasn't just a fist pump. You didn't see him stomping the ground? Sorry, it's just about respecting your opponents. I hate it when our guys do anything excessive. I don't like some of Manny's antics on the field.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So... F'in.. what. The Orioles hitters should have made him pay by winning the game then. Some guys are just like that and wear their emotions on their sleeves out there. All it tells me is how much this game meant to

Toronto to win the games. All of their relievers were pumped. I don't see how it's showing anyone up in the slightest.

Toronto does it all the time. They could be down by 10 and they are still dbags. It's not about game importance to them. They are a bunch of "me" guys that looking good means as much as winning. They showed that during the not so long ago down years.

So... F'in.. what. The Orioles hitters should have made him pay by winning the game then. Some guys are just like that and wear their emotions on their sleeves out there. All it tells me is how much this game meant to

Toronto to win the games. All of their relievers were pumped. I don't see how it's showing anyone up in the slightest.

I bet you are a huge Cam Newton fan. Someone who is all smiles and dragging it in others faces when it is going his way, but when the chips are down, sulks and acts like a petulant child. People admire those who are humble in victory, gracious in defeat

What? lol You think he was celebrating someone else's failure as opposed to his success of striking someone out and getting out of a bad situation with the win? Why approach this from the perspective of a victim? Sorry, I just don't care about this stuff. I'd rather see guys showing emotion than being stiffs. Fist pumping after a home run is not something anyone generally does after hitting a home run. Bat flips, sure, happens all the time in every league in the world. Weiters has bat flipped on several occasions but no one complains about that. You will be waiting a long time if you're expecting any of this to disappear.

I bet you are a huge Cam Newton fan. Someone who is all smiles and dragging it in others faces when it is going his way, but when the chips are down, sulks and acts like a petulant child. People admire those who are humble in victory, gracious in defeat

I don't even know who Cam Newton is nor do I care, but judging by the rest of your post, you're wrong with the comparison. There is a difference between being emotional and showing someone up. One is usually a second

nature reaction and a release of sorts and the other is an intentional "in your face" action. Huge difference.

Toronto does it all the time. They could be down by 10 and they are still dbags. It's not about game importance to them. They are a bunch of "me" guys that looking good means as much as winning. They showed that during the not so long ago down years.

I've seen it from every team in baseball. People hate the Toronto organization and I certainly share in that, but when it all boils down to it, I love baseball as a game including the emotional reactions on the field most of

the time. I enjoy seeing that emotion boil over in players out there because it reminds me just how much is at stake out there and just how much these players love playing the game. I've never hit a home run or gotten

a big strike out in a crucial situation in an MLB game and have no idea what that's like, but I can get an idea through watching the player reactions. Personally, I love that stuff whether it's done by the Orioles or not. I

think emotions are a big part of professional sports and so long as they do not manifest in a destructive way (like Ventura for example), I could care less and love to see it nor do I think this part of the game should be

hidden or suppressed. I don't want to see robots, I want to see guys having fun out there and showing it. I have no problem with it at all most of the time regardless of what team does it.

Archived