vs. PADRES, 6/21

Sessh

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope. 2 for 21 now. Both singles. No walks.

Worst OPS of any outs + base runners situation.

I can't think this is a coincidence, despite the small sample size.

If anything, 2 outs with runners in scoring position should prompt a batter to shorten his swing. But it appears that our batters do the opposite with the bases full and 2 outs. Too much swinging for the fences.

Typical Adam.

No pitches taken, swinging at balls.

Not good enough.

I wonder if you watch the games half the time or just complain on here after the fact. Both pitches to Jones were strikes and first was a great pitch to hit he just got ahead of it.

Once again, a pitcher needs time to get ready.

Indeed. Givens faced three batters after that with deep counts and there was even a mound visit in there, too. He went 3-2 to Upton and walked Schimpf and Norris in full counts. He had plenty of time.

Wouldn't you say that a mound visit and two 7+ pitch AB's is enough for a reliever to get loose?

This coupled with last night is the most unbearably annoying two nights in a row for Orioles baseball since the Royals ALCS series.

This 1 day road trip ruined this game for us. I don't think we've looked good at all tonight, minus Pedro. Scheduling was ridiculous for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. Givens faced three batters after that with deep counts and there was even a mound visit in there, too. He went 3-2 to Upton and walked Schimpf and Norris in full counts. He had plenty of time.

He faced 5 batters. You want to argue one batter sooner, fine.

Really dislike Jones approach at the plate against a guy like Rodney who preys on aggressive hitters and has a control problem. He's only allowed 11 hits this season, but 10 walks and traditionally has poor control to start. Yet Jones is up there hacking.

That's why I was honestly suggesting that Rickard pinch hit.

I can't think this is a coincidence, despite the small sample size.

If anything, 2 outs with runners in scoring position should prompt a batter to shorten his swing. But it appears that our batters do the opposite with the bases full and 2 outs. Too much swinging for the fences.

The team does pretty well with first base open in any situation, even bases empty.

Archived