Austin Hays off to a good start at Aberdeen

Frobby

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think stealing bases has a toll if you do it a ton. All the guys who stole 80+ bases have made comments about this from time to time. But we're not really talking about that with Hays or any of our prospects, or anyone on the Orioles now. Manny stole 20 bases last year while playing all 162 games. Basically, he attempted one steal a week. That doesn't seem to have taken a toll on him.

• 2 weeks later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Austin Hays hits his first career home run over the opposing clubhouse to give the IronBirds the 2-0 lead in the bottom of the 6th!!!</p>— Aberdeen IronBirds (@IronBirds) <a href="

">August 13, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Austin Hays hits his first career home run over the opposing clubhouse to give the IronBirds the 2-0 lead in the bottom of the 6th!!!</p>? Aberdeen IronBirds (@IronBirds) <a href="
">August 13, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've seen a lot of games at ABD, and this was the hardest hit HR I've ever witnessed there. And he must have circled the bases in 5 seconds. He fast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Every day progression is how to keep getting better. Progression isn't always success, sometimes failure is the best thing that can happen</p>— Austin Hays (@TheAustinHaysss) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheAustinHaysss/status/769990856724062212">August 28, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wonder if he could replace AJ when the time comes for him to retire.

Just addressing his ability to play CF - he'd have to learn it. He has the tools, but the instincts, first step, etc. are not the best even in RF. But he can definitely improve.

Just addressing his ability to play CF - he'd have to learn it. He has the tools, but the instincts, first step, etc. are not the best even in RF. But he can definitely improve.

haha as he says above! Thanks for all of the insights on the Aberdeen youngsters!

Archived