So what next?

OregonBird

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hellickson's last to seasons in the American League East he had ERA's of 5.17 & 4.52 .. also since he moved to the NL his groundball rate went up dramatically. Not sure thats an upgrade

He's a huge upgrade. His ground ball rate went up because he started throwing a 2 seamer more. He's learned how to pitch rather than just throw. An ERA under 5 is an upgrade but I'd imagine he'd be in the 4 range here.

He's a huge upgrade. His ground ball rate went up because he started throwing a 2 seamer more. He's learned how to pitch rather than just throw. An ERA under 5 is an upgrade but I'd imagine he'd be in the 4 range here.

1st pitching in the NL without a DH is different than the AL. Second pitching in the AL east is different. Third we have several starters similar. We should target a lefty who can miss bats. When he was still in the AL his K rate was on the decline just like UJ and Gallardo.

We were 43-42 and 3 GB on 7/9/15.

I stand corrected.

I was home for the Cleveland series and we took it to them pretty good. The slide began shortly thereafter.

OK I feel a little better now. At least we're still in first vs. last year.

I was there for the Seattle series and I think that was the low point of the year for me. Witnessing the no hitter in person was a gut punch.

A package of Hunter Harvey, Mancini, Sisco and Mountcastle would bring back a top pitcher without requiring any magic tricks. We certainly have the chips - question is do we use them.

I think the O's could unload the farm to Oakland for Sonny Gray and Rich Hill and fix most of their pitching problems.

I would not give up Sisco and Mancini. We'll need them.

1st pitching in the NL without a DH is different than the AL. Second pitching in the AL east is different. Third we have several starters similar. We should target a lefty who can miss bats. When he was still in the AL his K rate was on the decline just like UJ and Gallardo.

Hellickson's K/9 went up every year he was in the AL. He is not on the level Jimenez is. It's not even fair to lump Gallardo in with Jimenez. And who's the LHP you want? Rich Hill? It's already been said they are looking for a Price type return. You ready to give up Bundy and Mancini plus for Rich Hill? I'm not.

Hellickson's K/9 went up every year he was in the AL. He is not on the level Jimenez is. It's not even fair to lump Gallardo in with Jimenez. And who's the LHP you want? Rich Hill? It's already been said they are looking for a Price type return. You ready to give up Bundy and Mancini plus for Rich Hill? I'm not.

before this year, his era+ was 74, 82, 88. They would have to give us prospects for me to take him

before this year, his era+ was 74, 82, 88. They would have to give us prospects for me to take him

Half a season rental. All I care about is his era+ of 107 this year. He might be having that one last user he puts it together. They can have Wilson or Wright and Walker.

Archived