So what next?

OregonBird

1st pitching in the NL without a DH is different than the AL. Second pitching in the AL east is different. Third we have several starters similar. We should target a lefty who can miss bats. When he was still in the AL his K rate was on the decline just like UJ and Gallardo.

Lefties who can miss bats tend to fetch massive returns.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Half a season rental. All I care about is his era+ of 107 this year. He might be having that one last user he puts it together. They can have Wilson or Wright and Walker.

You're buying high. Just like Duquette did with Ubaldo. And Parra. How did they work out?

From April 15th to to June 25th (essentially excluding his first 2 starts and his last 2) he has a 4.61 ERA. In the NL. You trust that?

You're buying high. Just like Duquette did with Ubaldo. And Parra. How did they work out?

From April 15th to to June 25th (essentially excluding his first 2 starts and his last 2) he has a 4.61 ERA. In the NL. You trust that?

UJ was signed in free agency .. Parra we gave up a bag of balls .. but at least he was productive when we traded for him

Hard to see how sending either Wilson or Wright and a 25-year-old corner outfielder/first baseman with a .746 OPS in AAA is "buying high."

Hard to see how sending either Wilson or Wright and a 25-year-old corner outfielder/first baseman with a .746 OPS in AAA is "buying high."

I'm not talking about what the O's give up. I'm talking about trading for Hellickson would be buying high on Hellickson.

As for Mancini? In 2015 he had a 938 OPS, in 2016 an 892 OPS. And he's 24.

I'm not talking about what the O's give up. I'm talking about trading for Hellickson would be buying high on Hellickson.

I think he was referring to Christian Walker. I mentioned the Phillies could have their choice of Wilson or Wright along with Walker. And I agree with Crawjo, how is that buying high? Either of those three are easily replaceable. So much so, I'm not sure they could even get a Jeremy Hellickson.

High OPS in AA and AAA, doesn't always translate into a high OPS in the majors.

I think he was referring to Christian Walker. I mentioned the Phillies could have their choice of Wilson or Wright along with Walker. And I agree with Crawjo, how is that buying high? Either of those three are easily replaceable. So much so, I'm not sure they could even get a Jeremy Hellickson.

Walker is different than Mancini. Didn't realize that.

That said, buying high on Hellickson. He's had half a season of good starts, but largely has been treacherous the last 2 years. One of which was in the NL. He hasn't had a completely solid season since 2012.

That's what buying high is. Signing Ubaldo was buying high. Signing Parra was buying high. And they completely crashed and burned.

That said, buying high on Hellickson. He's had half a season of good starts, but largely has been treacherous the last 2 years. One of which was in the NL. He hasn't had a completely solid season since 2012.

That's what buying high is. Signing Ubaldo was buying high. Signing Parra was buying high. And they completely crashed and burned.

Parra was a desperate attempt, facing the reality of trying to find a decent COF.

So at worst, we're giving up mediocre players for a chance at a guy who has been pretty good this season. I still don't think that's buying high. To me, buying high is raiding the farm for a guy like Rich Hill.

So at worst, we're giving up mediocre players for a chance at a guy who has been pretty good this season. I still don't think that's buying high. To me, buying high is raiding the farm for a guy like Rich Hill.

I agree, if they raid the farm, by golly, make it worthwhile and a solid SP under contract, and not a 2 month rental.

With that said, I personally, do not see it happening, just not that many SP on the trading market.

Archived