Trade deadline possibilities

ChuckS

Wait Chucks.. I think I made it perfectly clear I don't think Shoe is worthy of our prospects. And each time I have asked for a new name. Someone is presenting to me or the board the merits of Shoe. So now we can debate Hector. Already one who is not a Hector fan. Who else?

There's a reason our farm system is ranked one of the bottom 5 or so in baseball. If you think Shoemaker, with his mid 2 ERA in last 10 starts and 3.66 FIP (hell of a lot better indicator than ERA), is not worth trading any of our prospects for than this is an even dumber discussion to get into than I first though.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like(d) him. That's from February.

Not giving up on Santiago. Literally any outside option is better than standing pat as is. Santiago has been good before with a good track record while being a lefty. Pending on what is needed, I'd be all for him if we could have a chance at a buy low...or at least not full market on what arms are likely to go for.

FIP is a dangerous thing to focus on. As an example, Jimenez has a 4.91 FIP. FIP favours pitchers that allow groundballs much more than ones that are flyball (and typically allow homers). I'm not a huge fan of FIP for that reason. It's not that great of a stat by itself.

That's fine if you don't, but I trust FIP MUCH more than I trust ERA. That doesn't mean it's the end all be all, but it's much more indicative of how a pitcher is pitching than ERA.

Idk dude.. the top 3 era's in the majors happen to be lefties and All I know is DD tried to trade for him. He dominated the Red Sox is all I know and shut out the Rays. as well. So 2 out of 4 that he had a chance to pitch against he did the job. Do we have 1 oriole pitcher who has shutout the Sox and Rays in the same season?

Again with the ALE bias. It's honestly annoying.

There is more good offenses than just the ones in the ALE, and the Angels have two top 10 offenses in the league in Seattle and Texas. It's fine to reference how they have pitched against ALE offenses, but it isn't the end all be all when discussing a pitcher and whether we should trade for him.

There is more good offenses than just the ones in the ALE, and the Angels have two top 10 offenses in the league in Seattle and Texas. It's fine to reference how they have pitched against ALE offenses, but it isn't the end all be all when discussing a pitcher and whether we should trade for him.

The ALE has 3 of the top 6 teams in OPS Red Sox #1, O's #2, Jays #6, and the Yanks are normally in there but having a off year.

The ALE has 3 of the top 7 teams in HRs O's #1, Jays #3, Rays #7, and the Yanks again are having an off year.

AND the Red Sox lead the majors in BA and Runs for good measure.

The ALE has 3 of the top 6 teams in OPS Red Sox #1, O's #2, Jays #6, and the Yanks are normally in there but having a off year.

The ALE has 3 of the top 7 teams in HRs O's #1, Jays #3, Rays #7, and the Yanks again are having an off year.

AND the Red Sox lead the majors in BA and Runs for good measure.

Yes, the ALE as a whole has some great lineups. There are great lineups everywhere. We got crushed in Seattle by that offense. Texas is a top lineup in the majors too. Just because it's the best as a whole doesn't mean a pitcher should be seen in a lower light because he doesn't pitch against the ALE all the time.

AL East is very difficult. Very. And its most of the time a fair bias.

Agreed, this year's results so far vs. 500 and by run differential

AL East +17, +74

NL West, 0, +10

AL Central -1, -29

AL West -2, +8

NL East -3, -68

NL Central -11, +5

Or if you will, the gap in games now between AL East and 2nd place division is 150% this size of gap between 2nd place and last.

I agree. But it's as much the stadiums we play in as the teams that play in it.

Baltimore, Toronto, NY, Boston...all hitters parks. Oakland, Seattle, LAA, Houston....not so much.

I'm not going to discount a guy because he plays in the AL West though. Good teams in that division. Texas is a launchpad.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What Do The Angels Do From Here? <a href="https://t.co/3dVWyUeR4X">https://t.co/3dVWyUeR4X</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/fantasybaseball?src=hash">#fantasybaseball</a></p>— Fantasy Baseball (@therotofeed) <a href="

">July 17, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived