Posey vs. Beckham (Gordan that is)

I thought Tim Beckam was the better of the two prospects, not Gordon.

Tim Beckham will be gone by the #4 pick.

I'm surprised to see the Orioles are in on Gordon Beckham. Perhaps they aren't as high on Crow or Matusz as some thought.

Good gravy, there are so many great picks to choose from!

All I know is that we have lots of pitching, but no hitting in our entire system. So, for me, that eliminates Crow and Matusz. We obviously don't need Posey since we have Wieters, so that eliminates him from consideration.

So that leaves the 2 Beckhams, Alvarez, and Smoak to pick from. I assume 1 or 2 of these will be gone by the time we make our selection.

Personally, given our glaring lack of position players in the minors, I'd have to go with whichever Beckham is available.

IMHO, both T. Beckham (Rays) and Crow (Royals) will be gone by the O's pick. The wildcard is the Pittsburgh Pirates.

They let Wieters drop to us last year. I wonder if they'll do the same with Alvarez...

So when the Pirates take Matusz, this board will explode with signs like:

:clap3::P;):scratchchinhmm::laughlol::eektf::D:):eek:

So when the Pirates take Matusz, this board will explode with signs like:

Yep, and we'll get a bunch of :mad::angryfire::confused: when we select someone other than T. Beckham, G. Beckham, Matusz, Alvarez, Crow, Hosmer, Posey or Smoak.

:D

He is, but there's a good chance he won't be there when the O's pick.

Honestly, I'd be ecstatic with Alvarez, Smoak or G. Beckham.

I'm with you, but I don't think I would be too disappointed if we took Crow or Matusz either, depending on who else is still on the board. I don't know if I'm as happy taking Crow if Alvarez or Beckham are still out there...

I'm with you, but I don't think I would be too disappointed if we took Crow or Matusz either, depending on who else is still on the board. I don't know if I'm as happy taking Crow if Alvarez or Beckham are still out there...

Oh definitely. Crow is the best pitching prospect in the draft; however, considering his Missouri roots, I think the Royals would be foolish not to take him at #3.

I like Matusz a lot too, but the fact he's not projected as an ace (at least, not yet) does bother me a little. Still, it's hard to say "no" to a stud lefty. :D

Archived