Austin Wynns

Legend_Of_Joey

If anyone has been keeping track, Austin Wynns has been throughout the system recently. Started off in Frederick, got promoted to Bowie midway through June and was doing pretty good work there in limited time. Got promoted to Norfolk in mid-July when Audrey Perez went down with a knee injury and had 3 hits, 3 rbis, and 0 strike outs in only 4 games appeared. Just got sent back to Frederick once Perez got healthy and after Heim got traded and Sawyer went on the disabled list.

With Heim now gone and Mercedes still looking for his first hit in Advanced A, what is the ceiling for Wynns? They moved him to Norfolk instead of Chris O'Brien in Bowie and appears to have him in Frederick until Sawyer gets healthy again and Mercedes proves himself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Thanks!

He hit another home run tonight. 7th of the season, 2nd in as many games. .291 average as of this post. Also over 45% caught stealing rate, closer to 50%.

We're definitely going to have to add him to the 40 man roster in the offseason and protect him from the rule 5 draft.  

30 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We're definitely going to have to add him to the 40 man roster in the offseason and protect him from the rule 5 draft.  

I really hope so. When I talked to him a couple of months ago, he was down because he knows how much they love Sisco compared to him and he wants to stay. 

25 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

When I searched for this thread I saw a great article up you (Joey) wrote on Wynns, now I've got someone else to look forward to checking in on. 

This was good reading, LOJ!

http://www.orioleshangout.com/2017/03/09/hhp-like-austin-wynns/

Thank you! I posted that a few months ago after a few people asked to hear the story and Tony was nice enough to put it on the front page. It actually found it's way to his parents and they were super thankful about it when I met them. Great family.

7 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I really hope so. When I talked to him a couple of months ago, he was down because he knows how much they love Sisco compared to him and he wants to stay. 

I don't see any reason not to give him the back-up job on trial if we trade Castillo.  He might not turn into anything in the majors, but he really doesn't have anything to prove in the minors.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived