What Texas thinks of playing us at home.

scOtt

Not to get ahead of ourselves, but a home field advantage throughout the playoffs and World Series would feel nice and hopefully play into that almost out of whack home winning record. Right now, let's just win the one that's facing us today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting to hear that the "O" chant during the national anthem makes a big impression on the other team's players that the fans are behind their team. I'll be sure to tell it extra loud the next time I'm at the Yard.

Yea, I had no idea opposing players found it intimidating

''A young rookie that's never been here before playing the Orioles, he's standing out there for the national anthem and he's like, 'Whoa, what was that?' It's like, they're ready. They're on-point today.''

Ian Desmond doesn't realize this happens at every playing of the anthem in central/eastern Maryland, not just at Camden :mwahaha:

Article talks about how the fans know when to cheer.

I don't get to games live, so perhaps this is just the broadcast perspective, but it appears that even during many save situations the fans aren't "up" until the final out, and even then it looks and sounds like it takes the first strike thrown in the potential final at bat to get them up.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I was disappointed a tad during the Royals series in 2014, after the sweep and drama and noise of the Tigers series, to see everyone seemingly passive in the crowd. Guess I would have expected edge-of-seat participation, not reclined pensiveness.

The Detroit game was so so so alive. Did all those fans get priced out for the ALCS?

I was disappointed a tad during the Royals series in 2014, after the sweep and drama and noise of the Tigers series, to see everyone seemingly passive in the crowd. Guess I would have expected edge-of-seat participation, not reclined pensiveness.

The Detroit game was so so so alive. Did all those fans get priced out for the ALCS?

I was at all 4 of those games.

We never trailed in the Detroit games, we never lead in the KC games. That's it in a nutshell.

More specifically: Game one Tillman in the first inning looked like freaking Bob Gibson, he struck out the side all on swinging strikes. Best start to a home game you could ever ask for. Cruz homered in the bottom half and everyone felt like we were the best team in baseball.

After destroying their bullpen in the 9th, we felt invincible.

ALCS was tenser because we could taste the pennant. We were so close to taking the lead so many times but couldn't get past their bullpen.

We never trailed in the Detroit games, we never lead in the KC games. That's it in a nutshell.

More specifically: Game one Tillman in the first inning looked like freaking Bob Gibson, he struck out the side all on swinging strikes. Best start to a home game you could ever ask for. Cruz homered in the bottom half and everyone felt like we were the best team in baseball.

ALCS was tenser because we could taste the pennant. We were so close to taking the lead so many times but couldn't get past their bullpen.

Pretty sure we trailed in Game 2 of the Detroit series. Maybe Delmon's double just had a feeling of inevitability.

Pretty sure we trailed in Game 2 of the Detroit series. Maybe Delmon's double just had a feeling of inevitability.

I remember Tony called a big hit from him just before the double. Inevitable sure seems line a good word. Not sure many people doubted what was going to happen there. Didn't stop the place from exploding though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

''The Orioles are an old organization that has fans that understand the game. They know when to cheer. They get it. Players feed on that,'' he said. ''Home-field advantage is like a bond between the players and the fans.''

And Old organization that has fans that understand the game

Chen had us behind with his disaster of a start. It was a three game series.

Archived