Buck Stuff

ChuckS

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could see Hunter or Bundy imploding just like Jimenez did. Jimenez has been outstanding recently, but you could immediately tell he didn't have it tonight.

He is not a bullpen pitcher. Either next year he pitches as a starter and succeeds or he gets DFAd..no more of this pretending he can pitch out of the pen crap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THIS game was 100% on our complete failure as an offense. A complete inability to make a pitcher work...our complete ineptitude to do something OTHER than hit a HR. This has been an issue pretty much all year. WE MUST CHANGE THIS CULTURE.Sure, blame Ubaldo if you want.We werent going to score.You MUST BRING BRITTON IN THERE..unless he's hurt. Either way, this is really about an offensive failure. Completely and absolutely about incompetence as an offense.NO OTHER EXCUSES.

I would only argue the 100% part. We all know the inadequacies of our offense, but Britton should have been used before Jimenez. We may still be playing right now and maybe we would have scored a run.

The only team that had a legitimate chance to win the World Series was the one we had in 2014. This team was not built for postseason baseball. That's on Duquette, not on Buck Showalter. He can only do what he can with what he has.

Eh, he had the best reliever in baseball and didn't use him.

Ah, yes. Because if we had only put Britton in, our guys would have gotten on base more, made decent contact, and scored more runs.

That's nothing the manager can control. The team is built the way it is built.

Gotta ride or die with Britton there. If after the two innings you don't take the lead and have to go to Ubaldo (or someone else) and he gets blown up I think we can all iive with that.

Look, I am very grateful to Buck. He has brought us (not single handily but played a big part) in bring us back to the winning ways after nearly 15 years of losing. But were trying for a WS title and based on the evidence in front of me I'm not sure we can win under Buck. I don't think I'm being that irrational. Please I welcome other opinions, I'm willing to listen.

Buck should have pitched Britton but the offense gets the ultimate blame here. I agree

Well one thing for sure. If Britton starts that inning, we are still playing most likely and we get at least one more chance to score. Yeah we may still lose, but now we definitely have lost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Buck says Britton was fine. No words. My disappointment knows no bounds.

Buck is an idiot. No wonder his teams do better when he leaves. Putting in a guy who self destructs more than he pitches well a guy a month ago you wanted to get rid of for best relief season by an Oriole pitcher ever. When was the last time Zachary even gave up a run?

We didn't even get a hit after the 6th inning, this loss has nothing to do with buck or the pitching

Yes, it does have to do with Buck. Offenses tightening up and low scoring games are part of playoff baseball. Your job as manager is to use the bullpen efficiently to extend the game and give your team a chance to win. Not using your best pitcher at all, when he would have very likely given you 2 scoreless innings, is awful managing. Awful.

I would only argue the 100% part. We all know the inadequacies of our offense, but Britton should have been used before Jimenez. We may still be playing right now and maybe we would have scored a run.

Exactly. You can't give Buck a pass on not using Britton because our offense sucked today.

THIS game was 100% on our complete failure as an offense. A complete inability to make a pitcher work...our complete ineptitude to do something OTHER than hit a HR. This has been an issue pretty much all year. WE MUST CHANGE THIS CULTURE.Sure, blame Ubaldo if you want.We werent going to score.You MUST BRING BRITTON IN THERE..unless he's hurt. Either way, this is really about an offensive failure. Completely and absolutely about incompetence as an offense.NO OTHER EXCUSES.

Our offense was wretched - but you have to empty all your bullets to keep extending the game and hope eventually you hit a home run. To be in the win or go home situation and leave your best pitcher on the bench in extras - in a situation that demands a ground ball pitcher or your season is over - it's literally mind bending. It's one of the great strategic failures I've ever seen to be honest. A complete disaster. Great year though - but wow - what what a way to end it.

Archived