Would you rather have lost 10-1?

Frobby

Close game and it's not even close. Losing 10-1 would have made me think "Wow, all season grinding and rooting for the team and it's over like that" *snaps fingers*. No, I'd rather have a hard fought game with excitement even in loss than an it's over before it gets underway game.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hearing about Toronto's 10-1 rout of Texas got me to thinking: in the WC game, would you rather have been blown out with no real controversy rather than losing in 11 innings with your manager making a highly criticized decision that may have cost the game?

For me, give me the game we had. But I wouldn't be surprised if others feel differently.

No. This is a little like the question about whether you'd rather win 65 games or win 87 and finish a game out. I'll almost always take the choice that gives me more good baseball. The wildcard game was pretty good up until the last half inning.

More disappointing: losing an extra-inning play-in game to a team you tied in the regular season, or having the best record in the league and getting swept in 3 by a team that didn't win its own division?

More disappointing maybe for Texas.

More infuriating was our loss.

I'm not sure which is a better place to be as a fan.

Also should add that the disappointment probably goes away pretty quickly after you are walloped 10-1 in Game 1. Many of their fans may have just been resigned to defeat after that.

Hearing about Toronto's 10-1 rout of Texas got me to thinking: in the WC game, would you rather have been blown out with no real controversy rather than losing in 11 innings with your manager making a highly criticized decision that may have cost the game?

For me, give me the game we had. But I wouldn't be surprised if others feel differently.

It really doesn't matter to me. A loss is a loss.

More disappointing: losing an extra-inning play-in game to a team you tied in the regular season, or having the best record in the league and getting swept in 3 by a team that didn't win its own division?

Rangers were a paper tiger.

Run differential rarely lies.

At least their fans got two home games out of it.

I believe losing the way we did points out to management the obvious flaws in this team. Not that they should need it but, I'm glad we lost the way we did instead of 10-1. Buck didn't lose the game by not pitching Britton. Our core swing at pitchers pitches too often and get themselves out. The term "runs into one" defines our chances. It shouldn't.

Archived