Who do you want to win the WS?

waroriole

WS, who you rooting for  

105 members have voted

1. 1. WS, who you rooting for

This poll is closed to new votes

o

I can't root for the Cubs.

Someone has to be baseball's b#@$%. Baseball fans got a deluge of entitled moron fans when the Red Sox broke "The Curse" and just became arrogant fartbags that everyone else hates to be around. Had ANYONE outside of Chicago heard of the stupid "Billy Goat Curse" before 2003? The tag-along game that they have to play next to Red Sox fans is ridiculous. I'm watching this game tonight and I've already seen the alive Belushi and John Cusack. Eddie Vedder. Ugh, celebrity fans. What's next, some dumb rom-com about two idiot 20 somethings who fall in love on Waveland Avenue the night the Cubs win the World Series? We've been here before.

I've never liked the Cubs. I've never liked how much attention they've received for just being THE CUBS. How come major media outlets give the Cubs SO much attention just for being losers? "When will the Cubs turn around?" "Is this the year for the Cubs?" It happens every damn spring. Hey, how about some love for the Padres or the Brewers? What, no one loves them? I guess if you're in a major media market you get more exposure for being a loser.

Loveable losers? No one likes a loser. I'm parroting the intro to the Patton movie here...but really, who likes a loser?

I'm sorry, I just can't get behind it. I admittedly rooted for the Sox back in 2004 because I was 23 at the time and thought it was the cool thing to do. They were beating the Yankees and erasing history!! Jump on the bandwagon!! It's the cool thing to do! I bought into it and I've regretted it ever since. I think every sports fan has a dark moment or two in their closet, this one is definitely mine.

I was 23 and didn't know any better. I feel awful for adding karmic energy that helped propel the Sox into the Series for a sweep of the Cardinals.

Before you get all high and mighty and go "But Moose! This is history! It's the CUBS! They haven't won since 1908!!" I want you to ask yourself one thing:

Ask yourself if you had the chance to go back to 2004 and somehow have an influence on the Sox/Yankees series to make the Sox lose and never get to the World Series, would you do it? Because if they don't win in 2004 they probably don't keep the band together and win in 2007. Would you do it? Would you re-write history so that David Cruz, Manny Ramirez and Johnny Damon never won a World Series? Would you re-write history so that the dickbag Sox fans that invaded Camden Yards for so many years after would have no leg to stand on?

Because if you're rooting for the Cubs, that's what you're rooting for here.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/149539-2015-Chicago-Cubs/page2

o

Yup, still holds true a year later.

o

Is Anyone Else Sick of the Cubs and Their Long-Suffering Narrative?

(By Bill Plaschke)

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodgers-cubs-plaschke-20161014-snap-story.html

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Indians and Andrew Miller are unstoppable right now. Orioles would be swept (if they had got past Texas).

The Orioles have a pretty good bullpen, too. The Blue Jays . . . not so much. A real disadvantage in the close games Toronto's been playing since they stopped scoring a lot of runs in September (except vs. Texas).

Archived