Spring Training Mega Thread

weams

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I can make a very convincing argument that Robert Andino is having the worst spring training of any player in baseball right now.

3-for-38, 2R, 1RBI, .336OPS, 11K, 5BB, 6 total bases.

Maybe. A quick glance at the stats show that Jorge Soler and Allen Cordoba are both under .400 OPS for the spring, too, in 40 and 41 at bats, respectively.

You'd have to include pitchers, too. Henry Owens has allowed 13 earned runs and walked 12 batters in 7.1 IP. WHIP of 3.41. That's awfully bad.

4 hours ago, FlipTheBird said:

Maybe. A quick glance at the stats show that Jorge Soler and Allen Cordoba are both under .400 OPS for the spring, too, in 40 and 41 at bats, respectively.

You'd have to include pitchers, too. Henry Owens has allowed 13 earned runs and walked 12 batters in 7.1 IP. WHIP of 3.41. That's awfully bad.

Ah, I wasn't thinking about pitchers but I should have. Owens is definitely the worst.

The bottom of the barrel is mostly veterans; Dickey, Hellickson, Colon, Samardzija, Wainwright, Cain, Iwakuma, Carrasco... a lot of hot garbage from a lot of big names.

10 minutes ago, weams said:

That's great. How hard was he throwing? 

I don't know.   Just looked at the play by play here at work.   Chris Davis homered to chase Aaron Sanchez out of the game and Toronto brought in a LH reliever I've never heard of (Beliveau).   Buck must have been asleep at the switch or something and he accidentally let Kim, the next batter, hit against the lefty, something he has rarely permitted.   Kim got a base hit and later came around to score.

2 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

That's former Oriole great Jeff Beliveau to you, sir.

Beliveau, nearly two years removed from shoulder surgery, said he's close to being back to full health, the Toronto Sun reports. (2/24/2017)

Not premium velocity. When he was healthy

Archived