Spring Training Mega Thread

weams

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the favorite word now that Buck uses is "presentation".  In the last two MASN articles, he must have used this word a dozen times and in reference to almost every pitcher. 

Maybe it is a a new shorthand word for the old phrase "the ball looked good coming out of his hand".  Can someone give me a definition of "presentation" as Buck is using it? 

I think the favorite word now that Buck uses is "presentation".  In the last two MASN articles, he must have used this word a dozen times and in reference to almost every pitcher. 

Maybe it is a a new shorthand word for the old phrase "the ball looked good coming out of his hand".  Can someone give me a definition of "presentation" as Buck is using it? 

Hiding the ball? Arm angle?

Hiding the ball? Arm angle?

You got me.  I have no clue.

“Have you all been watching Aquino?" Showalter asked. “He’s got a little different look to him this year. It’s a confident (demeanor) ... You see him walk off the mound. He’s got a good presentation. I didn’t see that last year. He’s interesting.

That usage sounds almost like a baseball Gestalt.  A baseball Je ne sais quoi.   A "total package" kind of term. 

Hey Weams: Question/Random Thought for you.

Is there a summary of each ST game that the OH does? I have been swamped with work and haven't had a chance to jump on Twitter as much as I usually do. I know you guys are always swamped (and some of you, working on your tans-ha ha) but thought I would throw out the idea. Just like a quick and dirty of who looked good, who looked bad, that kinda thing.

If you already have something like this (game threads are a lot to read), I do apologize.

Just a random thought I had. Thanks for all your do Sir.

Nice gesture from Wainwright.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/birdland/goold-wainwright-gives-prospect-sherriff-a-license-to-drive/article_406cb9e5-d0e8-5fa4-86e1-19de631a0f2c.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

“Waino got me a rental car,” Sherriff explained. “I freaked out a little bit. I started crying. I called my mom, and she started crying. Really, I’ve never had that experience. No one has ever done something so nice for me before.”

Wainwright considered it a chance to pass on past gestures. When he was a young player, Wainwright came into the clubhouse with the same collared shirts several days in row. Mark Mulder, a teammate at the time, left a box of brand new shirts for him at his locker.

On 3/1/2017 at 5:31 PM, Rene88 said:

Hey Weams: Question/Random Thought for you.

Is there a summary of each ST game that the OH does? I have been swamped with work and haven't had a chance to jump on Twitter as much as I usually do. I know you guys are always swamped (and some of you, working on your tans-ha ha) but thought I would throw out the idea. Just like a quick and dirty of who looked good, who looked bad, that kinda thing.

If you already have something like this (game threads are a lot to read), I do apologize.

Just a random thought I had. Thanks for all your do Sir.

Here

http://www.orioleshangout.com/?page_id=252

Archived