vs. ROYALS, 5/14

OFFNY

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Bordick claimed the ant-bunt alignment was set for third and first to be covered by folks on that play.

If that's true and both 3b and Ib were supposed to charge, with the pitcher in the middle, then there is no one left to cover 2nd, and Manny missed the sign. 

14 minutes ago, BoltonBob said:

Yanks defense & reliever Adam Warren falling apart in 7th. 5-4 Stros now:D

As bad as the I'd are Playing, I'm not even worried about the Yankees falling apart. At least they are playing the best team in the AL, while were getting shredded by a last place team.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

As bad as the I'd are Playing, I'm not even worried about the Yankees falling apart. At least they are playing the best team in the AL, while were getting shredded by a last place team.

It's baseball. 

I do have concerns. Not saying I don't. 

2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Gausman had a 9-1 lead against the Yankees, and he cracked. He can't handle the pressure. I've seen enough of him. If he goes somewhere else and turns it around..good for him.

I don't consider Arietta as much a headache as he was stubborn and didn't want to listen. Gausman is scared.

Yes lots of pressure in a game 9-1.  I would think lot better chance he lost his concentration with big lead.  Kinda like closer in 5 run game just getting work.

I never want to play these SOBs again.  Ever.  If they are playing well, they kick our rear ends.  If they are playing badly, they kick our rear ends.  I am out of here and will need to get away from watching for awhile, because I have seen this same scenario every year play out. 

2 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Gausman had a 9-1 lead against the Yankees, and he cracked. He can't handle the pressure. I've seen enough of him. If he goes somewhere else and turns it around..good for him.

I don't consider Arietta as much a headache as he was stubborn and didn't want to listen. Gausman is scared.

I don't see how we can give up on him with no starters or potential starters to take his place. In some ways it's the same problem we face with Ubaldo, though there are differences.

Just now, spiritof66 said:

I don't see how we can give up on him with no starters or potential starters to take his place. In some ways it's the same problem we face with Ubaldo, though there are differences.

He isn't going anywhere. Like we have the money to go after a top arm anyway. 

15 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Arrieta would choke all the time once things went south on him.  He would pitch 3 great in ings, then walk a leadoff guy, give up a bloop and you could see his attitude and demeanor just drop. Then he would just overthrow even harder but in the middle of the plate

I suspect Gausman will never win 20 or a Cy Young.

16 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Then why did he pitch well down  the stretch last year?  That doesn't add up.  He isn't pitching well we all can see that.  

If I knew That, I'm sure the Orioles do. Obvious they know as much as I do right now.

Archived