Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a little surprised by the talk about getting Schwarber (who always has seemed to me destined to end up in the AL) or Happ for Britton. Our greatest need is for competent starting pitching, and I don't understand why we would trade our most valuable tradeable asset for position players, even real good position players.  :confused:

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I'm a little surprised by the talk about getting Schwarber (who always has seemed to me destined to end up in the AL) or Happ for Britton. Our greatest need is for competent starting pitching, and I don't understand why we would trade our most valuable tradeable asset for position players, even real good position players.  :confused:

In general terms I'd be looking for talent.  I'd take a more talented hitter over a less talented pitcher.

I wouldn't want Schwarber headlining a deal for Britton, and probably wouldn't want him at all really with Davis and Trumbo on the roster, Happ would be a better fit I think.

Personally I'd much rather try and get Buehler and Calhoun from the Dodgers if thats possible. Get the best package possible for Brach, O'Day, Smith and Castillo.

16 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

It's hard to get real pitchers for relievers. Even the best ones. 

45 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How do Castillo, Schwarber and Sisco rank as defensive catchers?  ;)

Ha, Schwarber was already a bad defensive catcher and after his knee injury last year forget it.  Will the Cubs take Trumbo as part of the package.  I don't know where Schwarber plays on this team.  Can he learn how to play third base?

56 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Dream scenario for trades,

• Britton to LAD for Alvarez, Buehler, Calhoun
  • Brach, Smith, $$$ to TB for Honeywell
  • Trumbo to NYY for Dustin Fowler
  • O'day to Wash for Austin Voth and Luis Garcia
  • Castillo to Col for Forrest Wall

Dream is right. Why don't we just ask NY for Aaron Judge?  You have about the same chance of getting Fowler or anyone else highly regarded back for Trumbo.  The Nats aren't going deal two of their top ten prospects for an aging reliever with a bad contract and ERA over 4.  Nearly Major League ready and one of the top prospects in all of baseball, Buehler is not going to be dealt for relief help.  I could go on.  

I guess the point I'm making is that I don't see the point in making a post like this.  You disclaim that it's a dream scenario.  But I'm guessing you don't mean that literally and feel there is a chance of some of these trades actually happening. 

9 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Here's a crazy thought.  What if Tillman puts up two more starts like tonight?  

Maybe you are able to move him, but I don't see us getting much in return. 

I'm more in favor of bringing him back on a one year minimum deal next season and hoping he can regain form. 

Just now, ChuckS said:

Maybe you are able to move him, but I don't see us getting much in return. 

I'm more in favor of bringing him back on a one year minimum deal next season and hoping he can regain form. 

No reason you can't do both.

The Nats are starting Edwin Jackson tomorrow.  Just saying.

Archived