Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lucky_13 said:

Hmm. Would be nice if they had an elite set up man.

Go ahead Theo the great, make an emotional decision 

They didn't bother to pitch Davis who hasn't pitched in awhile, but went with Rondon for a third game in a row (four days).

1 hour ago, Lucky_13 said:

Hmm. Would be nice if they had an elite set up man.

Go ahead Theo the great, make an emotional decision 

3 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Not sure if this was posted earlier but 

Bingo...... Time to fleece the Dodgers or Astros

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Bingo...... Time to fleece the Dodgers or Astros

I mean, it sounds like he basically wrote an article about Roch saying that the Cubs and Dodgers have prepared packages for Britton.

I also just read a tweet from an LAD insider that LAD thinks SD and BAL are valuing Hand and Britton too much/don't want to pay the price we have on him. So...we'll see I guess.

Just now, ISU94 said:

I mean, it sounds like he basically wrote an article about Roch saying that the Cubs and Dodgers have prepared packages for Britton.

I also just read a tweet from an LAD insider that LAD thinks SD and BAL are valuing Hand and Britton too much/don't want to pay the price we have on him. So...we'll see I guess.

They don't want to give us quality for Britton then don't trade him there and then I hope Dodgers lose in the result of their bullpen failing.

3 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Seems to me that we could trade Britton to the Astros or Dodgers and I would look to deal Brach to the D-Backs. Even though he hasn't been perfect at closer he's been much better than Rodney and his mid 5 ERA

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Seems to me that we could trade Britton to the Astros or Dodgers and I would look to deal Brach to the D-Backs. Even though he hasn't been perfect at closer he's been much better than Rodney and his mid 5 ERA

Oh for sure. DBacks farm is rough but they definitely have multiple pieces that I still like. A guy like Duplantier or Banda would be great gets in a Brach deal. Doubt we could get them both in one deal but...

Just now, ISU94 said:

Oh for sure. DBacks farm is rough but they definitely have multiple pieces that I still like. A guy like Duplantier or Banda would be great gets in a Brach deal. Doubt we could get them both in one deal but...

For Brach we should be able to get a 50-100 guy and another quality prospect. I don't know how that matches up but maybe it does.

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

The D-Backs do really need back-end help, but we saw what they gave for JD Martinez. The Arizona farm isn't any better than ours, and I think we'd be selling ourselves short. If we bring in a haul for Britton, I'd be more comfortable holding onto Brach than selling him for pocket change. If he is a successful closer for the first half of next year and we're back in this same position looking to sell, he has greater value with that experience. 

Just now, Roll Tide said:

For Brach we should be able to get a 50-100 guy and another quality prospect. I don't know how that matches up but maybe it does.

Banda is generally seen in the top 100/fringe top 100. I think he'd be a fine centerpiece. He's much better than Brayan Hernandez for SEA imo (like Hernandez, but he isn't that). 

1 minute ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

The D-Backs do really need back-end help, but we saw what they gave for JD Martinez. The Arizona farm isn't any better than ours, and I think we'd be selling ourselves short. If we bring in a haul for Britton, I'd be more comfortable holding onto Brach than selling him for pocket change. If he is a successful closer for the first half of next year and we're back in this same position looking to sell, he has greater value with that experience. 

No, it's not. But like us, they do have a few guys near the top that are very good. May not be top 50 guys but we aren't getting that for Brach. A guy like Banda is right around the top 100 if not in the top 100 and is a nice arm. Got a guy like Duplantier who has nice upside and is pitching great this year and is top 5 in their system. Taylor Clarke, Marcus Wilson, Cody Reed, Socrates Brito...they got some pieces. Brito had some success in the MLB last year for ARZ but don't have room in the OF.

Should the club value quantity of quality prospects or should they be looking for someone considered elite? For example, reports are the Dodgers won't move Buehler or Verdugo. Would we accept 3-4 guys ranked between 5-15 assuming they are likely better that what we have? Or do we demand a project game-changer?

I'm torn. While I crave an exciting, franchise cornerstone player, we also have seen plenty of BA Top 20 guys flame out over the years. Having more lottery tickets feels better. 

1 minute ago, MachoMachadoMan said:

Should the club value quantity of quality prospects or should they be looking for someone considered elite? For example, reports are the Dodgers won't move Buehler or Verdugo. Would we accept 3-4 guys ranked between 5-15 assuming they are likely better that what we have? Or do we demand a project game-changer?

I'm torn. While I crave an exciting, franchise cornerstone player, we also have seen plenty of BA Top 20 guys flame out over the years. Having more lottery tickets feels better. 

We should get a set of 3-4 prospects if a top end guy is involved as is. I prefer one centerpiece. I don't want the headliner to be a guy with the potential to be a #3/#4 starter like Brock Stewart who is right around #7 in their system. That would be underwhelming imo even though I like him.

Archived