Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Rockies still interested in Brach ....Do you think we could get Mcmahon, Almonte, and Howard/Lambert?

That feels like a lot.  Not sure if we'd get that.  I'd be happy with Lambert, Patterson, and an extra piece.

Just now, SteveA said:

Dodgers just won their 51st straight game in which they had a lead at ANY point in the game.

This team needs a bullpen upgrade why?

I agree. Plus, if you are worried about covering middle innings in a playoff game it (oddly) could be cheaper to buy a starter that gets you through one turn of the order at this time of year.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Rockies still interested in Brach ....Do you think we could get Mcmahon, Almonte, and Howard/Lambert?

I asked a similar question in the thread but my three were Peter Lambert, Garrett Hampson and Yency Almonte. None are Top 100 guys but that may still be asking to much for Brach.

14 minutes ago, billw76 said:

I asked a similar question in the thread but my three were Peter Lambert, Garrett Hampson and Yency Almonte. None are Top 100 guys but that may still be asking to much for Brach.

Don't like Hampson his power score on MLB is low. I'd take Patterson if I couldn't get McMahon

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Don't like Hampson his power score on MLB is low. I'd take Patterson if I couldn't get McMahon

The limited power doesn't bother me, we have plenty of that. He has speed and can get on base at a decent rate, hit leadoff, and can play SS or 2B. He may be better suited at 2B but everything I've read says he should be able to handle SS, he really only lack arm strength.

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Patterson I wouldn't want, we already have Mancini, Davis and Trumbo that would block any role he could possibly have. McMahon is a little more versatile, he could possibly replace Manny at 3B after next year since he's already in AAA.

17 minutes ago, billw76 said:

Patterson I wouldn't want, we already have Mancini, Davis and Trumbo that would block any role he could possibly have. McMahon is a little more versatile, he could possibly replace Manny at 3B after next year since he's already in AAA.

I thought Patterson was a legit RFer, which we don't really have.  Sure we could promote Hays, but it may be too early.

Archived