Lets go get swept at the Trop!

theobird

As long as Hays, Santander, Mancini and Cisco are in the lineup I don't care much about the outcome of these games. 

I do admit that I have a sick fascination about the possibility of Tillman getting another start.  I think he is currently tied with Les Sweetland (1931 Phillies) for the highest ERA of any starter since 1900 with 19 or more starts in a season.  

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, $Greatness$ said:

Under no circumstances would I root to lose. That's a casuals dream. Fraudulence of the highest order.

I have 11,000 posts on an Orioles message board.  Pretty sure I’m not a casual........

That just doesn’t make any sense.  I want the Orioles to have improved draft position and pool money, so that makes me a casual fan?

28 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

As long as Hays, Santander, Mancini and Cisco are in the lineup I don't care much about the outcome of these games. 

I do admit that I have a sick fascination about the possibility of Tillman getting another start.  I think he is currently tied with Les Sweetland (1931 Phillies) for the highest ERA of any starter since 1900 with 19 or more starts in a season.  

Ouch

5 minutes ago, droper said:

If anyone can find a reason to care about these games more power to them.  I'm just tired and ready to start reading about the winter meetings again.

As depressing as the end of this season has been, I can't stand the pace of the offseason.    So much speculation, so little action.    

3 hours ago, droper said:

If anyone can find a reason to care about these games, more power to them. I'm just tired, and ready to start reading about the winter meetings again.

o

I care, and don't need any additional reason/incentive to care if the Orioles are playing. Some others don't care, and have stated why.

That said ....... something that I find interesting is the Orioles' overall record against other AL East teams, particularly against the Yankees and the Red Sox. 

The Orioles have had a winning season against every team in the division except for the Yankees. They have bested the Red Sox (10 games to 9), they have bested the Blue Jays (12 games to 7), and have gotten clipped by the Yankees (12 games to 7.) They are currently tied with the Rays, at 8 games apiece.

Prior to the 3-game sweep at the hands of the Red Sox last week, the Orioles had beaten them 10 out of 16 times. The last sweep that the Orioles suffered contained 2 hard-fought, extra-inning games. The Yankees, on the other hand, have really hammered the Orioles in almost all of their 12 wins against them, outscoring the Orioles by a cumulative runs total of 125-44 in said 12 games. That's an average of 10.42 runs to 3.67 runs.

In the Orioles first 8 losses to the Red Sox prior to the season series finale drubbing on national television, the cumulative runs scored for each team in those 8 games was 32 for the Red Sox to 17 for the Orioles ...... that's and average of 4 runs to 2.125 runs. Even including that final 9-0 drubbing on Sunday Night Baseball a week and-a-half ago, it would be 4.55 runs for the Red Sox to 1.88 runs for the Orioles in 9 games.

So against the 2 best teams within the division, the Orioles have overwhelmingly competed much better against the Red Sox than they have against the Yankees ...... both in terms of the number of games won against each respective team, and in terms of putting up a fight in the games that the Orioles lost to them.

o

Archived