The Moesquito!

Frobby

I don’t know if Kirvin Moesquit is nicknamed the Moesquito, but he should be.    He’s 5’8”, 165 pounds and a pest on the bases.   Tonight he got 4 hits and stole 4 bases (2B three times and 3B once).     Should be a fun guy to follow at Delmarva.

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t know if Kirvin Moesquit is nicknamed the Moesquito, but he should be.    He’s 5’8”, 165 pounds and a pest on the bases.   Tonight he got 4 hits and stole 4 bases (2B three times and 3B once).     Should be a fun guy to follow at Delmarva.

He’s a fun guy to watch and a very good org player. I wish he was a prospect but he’s like a 30 power guy who doesn’t even hit many doubles or triples. Pure slap hitter, he’d have to be a sub 10% k rate guy for that to profile at 2B even with his speed and defense.

2 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

He’s a fun guy to watch and a very good org player. I wish he was a prospect but he’s like a 30 power guy who doesn’t even hit many doubles or triples. Pure slap hitter, he’d have to be a sub 10% k rate guy for that to profile at 2B even with his speed and defense.

That’s OK, some guys are fun even if they’re not prospects.    The Moesquito looks like one of those. And who needs doubles if you steal 2B every time you’re on first?

How’s his defense, BTW?

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That’s OK, some guys are fun even if they’re not prospects.    The Moesquito looks like one of those. And who needs doubles if you steal 2B every time you’re on first?

How’s his defense, BTW?

It's good, I haven't seen him enough to really put a grade on it, but I'd be comfortable saying it's MLB quality 2B defense. I agree, players don't have to be prospects to be fun and I like Moesquit.

7 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

It's good, I haven't seen him enough to really put a grade on it, but I'd be comfortable saying it's MLB quality 2B defense. I agree, players don't have to be prospects to be fun and I like Moesquit.

I will have to professionally disagree. His defense is well below average. He has poor hands and a below average arm that has accuracy issues. His range is pretty decent due to his foot speed but there were times last year at Aberdeen where he was brutal.

14 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I will have to professionally disagree. His defense is well below average. He has poor hands and a below average arm that has accuracy issues. His range is pretty decent due to his foot speed but there were times last year at Aberdeen where he was brutal.

You've probably seen him more than me, I saw the below average to fringe arm but in my views he showed smooth hands and plus range. Like I said, I haven't seen him enough to put a grade on it, I have an org player grade on him so mostly I've only watched him as a byproduct of watching the game rather than the focus.

4 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

You've probably seen him more than me, I saw the below average to fringe arm but in my views he showed smooth hands and plus range. Like I said, I haven't seen him enough to put a grade on it, I have an org player grade on him so mostly I've only watched him as a byproduct of watching the game rather than the focus.

We agree on the org guy grade no doubt. Still, nice little org guy to have around.