O's Nation

NewMarketSean

Man, there are all these great ideas flying around but you keep shooting them down with your reason and logic.

Hey, its a great idea that is why someone already did it :P

That is the problem with stuff like this. I would love to be able to use use the official script and official logos and official songs - BUT there are rules.

I talked to the FO when I did this last year, I was pushing a line when I used the "altered" angry bird logo in 06.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the term "O's Nation." It sounds so borrowed, so New England, so privileged, so pathetic... New term needed. The Flock isn't bad. The Believers is better, but it sounds too religious. Call me simple, but I'm content with O's fans or Bird fans.

Can we please not be a nation? How about a territory? Maybe a state, or a commonwealth? What about an empire or a federation? Or a control, domain, dominion, dynasty, federation, kingdom, realm, reign, rule, sovereignty, territory? Possibly a country, tribe, union, or confederation? How about a loose association of city-states? Or a Trust Territory, like the Northern Marianas Islands.
I thought we were an autonomous collective.

I thought we were an autonomous collective.

No No no,

I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting. By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more...

I think this is probably a waste of time. When this team truly gets going, something will inspire a name. Sort of like "Thundering Roar from 34". You can't sit around and brain storm something like that.

I DECIDED THE NAME ALREADY!

JEEEES, someone who bought a shirt back me up here! :P

I told you. We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune. We take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week. But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting. By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more...

Sounds like how academic faculty go about their business... except you forget the ad hoc subcomittees

No No no,

SHUT UP, SHUT UP! I ORDER YOU TO SHUT UP!!!

Me and 3 Os Fans will be at the game Saturday niht at Nats in our Oriole Orange baby....Need 2 of three here...then 3 of 4 from kc,2 of 3 from texas, and 2 of three from toronto, and 1 of 3 from boston to be 7 games over 500 at the break....and going 10-6 in those 16 games(7 home,9 away) is very realistic....id be happy with 9-7 though being the royals are hot...9 are on the road...and honestly our SP has been beating up and ou bullpen has been worked....hopefully they can suck it up until the all star break and we can start it off by 7 solid innings tommarow night from Cabrera

Archived