Chicago Sun: Cubs interested in Manny

Tony-OH

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell is solid defensively but not good at the plate. I would still take him for sure as the centerpiece of the trade, put him at SS and plug him in for the upcoming years. Him, Schoop, and a new 3b isn't too bad. Maybe Beckham comes back and proves last year wasn't a fluke. 

Can't expect much more for a 1/2 season rental. Maybe a B pitching prospect as well.

30 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If the Cubs want Manny, who should the Orioles target in return?

The more important question is when the Cubs come calling, who should they ask for on the phone?   Duquette?  Brady?   One of the Angelos brothers?

3 minutes ago, weams said:

Yikes. You don't ask for much then. Each one of those "prospects" has flaws. Manny is having a monster year. 

A variance in opinion exists on how much half a season of Machado is worth.

Don't worry I'm sure ownership won't sign off on just one of those three, he'll take the pick instead.

Just now, SteveA said:

The more important question is when the Cubs come calling, who should they ask for on the phone?   Duquette?  Brady?   One of the Angelos brothers?

We know Duquette has issues returning calls so he might not be the best choice.

1 minute ago, weams said:

Yikes. You don't ask for much then. Each one of those "prospects" has flaws. Manny is having a monster year. 

Don’t get me wrong - I’d be asking for all three as well. Will the market be there though?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

A variance in opinion exists on how much half a season of Machado is worth.

Don't worry I'm sure ownership won't sign off on just one of those three, he'll take the pick instead.

I sincerely believe the Orioles think it is in their best interests to keep Manny for the rest of the year so  he's on their team, and lose him for a pick.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

If I'm a minor leaguer in the Cubs system I am faking a hamstring pull and telling my agent that I should be held out of action until a deal is made.  

They can test for hamstrings, you want to go with lower back pain.  Maybe you slept wrong on the hotel bed.

Archived