Renato Nunez Claimed from Texas

Legend_Of_Joey

2 hours ago, jtschrei said:

This dude is going to work. The question I have is will he get the right coaching. I think ‘Mr Dickerson’ will provide excellent coaching on defense. I worry about the hitting coach....

He eliminated Danny Valencia.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I mentioned this in a game thread recently.

While his arm appears plenty strong enough for 3B, he has a habit of shuffling his feet after fielding to get in better throwing position. It’s led to more than one close play because of it and it’s something he needs to clean up.

Yeah, it really is something that needs to be fixed.  I edited my post, seeing I typed "correcting" rather than "corrected". :P

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, Ohfan67 said:

Fun Nunez related factoid: Nunez has 7 walks with the O's in 76 plate appearances. Adam Jones has 18 in 480 PA. 

I'm sorry, but I'm not really seeing what's so unusual about 7 walks in 76 plate appearances.  What am I missing?

21 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I'm sorry, but I'm not really seeing what's so unusual about 7 walks in 76 plate appearances.  What am I missing?

To have bench guys like Nunez and Peterson be able to get up and grind at-bats like that is great, especially late-inning defensive replacement players.  Gentry was also someone good at that.  Too bad we don't have a competing bunch to use that to our advantage. 

• Upvote 1

Will be interesting to see how this guy turns out. Seems like a nice pick up for where we're at. Decent pedigree as a prospect, decent hit potential and passable at 3B at the moment. Still only 24. What's not to like considering we picked him up off the scrap heap?

Edited by Grt 2BA FL Gator
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

Will be interesting to see how this guy turns out. Seems like a nice pick up for where we're at. Decent pedigree as a prospect, decent hit potential and passable at 3B at the moment. Still only 24. What's not to like considering we picked him up off the scrap heap?

Put it this way; there's no harm in seeing how he does for the rest of the season, but hopefully we don't build a team by shopping often at the scrap heap.  

16 minutes ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

This is where I am on Nunez. I like him well enough to play the next year or two and show whether he can be something or not. He'll have a chance until Mountcastle can push his way up (if he can stay at 3B). From there, we will have an idea of whether Nunez can be a useable piece for the future.

• Like 1