Renato Nunez Claimed from Texas

Legend_Of_Joey

10 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Bannon does need to prove himself offensively, but at least has real potential.  And from what I've read, he can be a plus defensively.  He and Wilkerson are much quicker than the others.  The O's defensive range has to improve dramatically, imo - though impatient people like me will have to be patient with our expecations and not expect everything to be good from day 1 next season.      

Patient? Where is the fun in that!?

9 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Was Susac really given a chance?  Wynns has had success and still barely plays. 

I want to see multiple players given chances in Sept. I don’t see why we should just trot out Nunez everyday at 3rd. Give Wilkerson or Valera ABs. 

As for the working with Dickerson. You guys are just getting sold some rebuilding vignettes lol. We’re 60 games under .500. We’re going to get a lot of propaganda. There is nothing left to talk about. 

If Wilkerson is hurt, then play Valera. 

Susac had chances before and never capitalized. He had a chance when he came up and didn't perform. Then at the end, he just left.

Does Valera have the arm for 3rd? I dont know much about him.

Dickerson has seemed to help Nunez this season. He is also credited with helping the infielders too the last couple of seasons, which seemed to have worked out well.

27 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Susac had chances before and never capitalized. He had a chance when he came up and didn't perform. Then at the end, he just left.

Dickerson has seemed to help Nunez this season. He is also credited with helping the infielders too the last couple of seasons, which seemed to have worked out well.

I think  Susac had tha concussions. Like BROb. 

48 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Valera is pretty slick fielding. He actually has a higher Career AAA OPS than Nunez. Valera also has more BB than Ks in AAA. He’s 2 years older than Nunez, but has never gotten a chance.

From MLB pipeline in 2015 when he was the Cards #23 prospect

Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 20 | Run: 50 | Arm: 45 | Field: 50 | Overall: 45

One of the more versatile players in the Cardinals system, Valera has played six positions in 2015 and has appeared everywhere but pitcher and catcher as a pro. He had been one of the most consistent hitters among St. Louis farmhands before scuffling this year.

One of the best contact hitters in the entire Minor Leagues, Valera ranked third by fanning in just 6.1 percent of his plate appearances in 2014. He excels at spraying line drives all over the field, though his approach results in very little power. He's an average runner who takes too many chances as a basestealer.

Valera's best defensive attribute is his soft hands. He has decent infield actions and fringy arm strength, and second base is his best position. He may be more utilityman than big league regular.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2015/?list=stl

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Valera is pretty slick fielding. He actually has a higher Career AAA OPS than Nunez. Valera also has more BB than Ks in AAA. He’s 2 years older than Nunez, but has never gotten a chance.

From MLB pipeline in 2015 when he was the Cards #23 prospect

Scouting grades: Hit: 50 | Power: 20 | Run: 50 | Arm: 45 | Field: 50 | Overall: 45

One of the more versatile players in the Cardinals system, Valera has played six positions in 2015 and has appeared everywhere but pitcher and catcher as a pro. He had been one of the most consistent hitters among St. Louis farmhands before scuffling this year.

One of the best contact hitters in the entire Minor Leagues, Valera ranked third by fanning in just 6.1 percent of his plate appearances in 2014. He excels at spraying line drives all over the field, though his approach results in very little power. He's an average runner who takes too many chances as a basestealer.

Valera's best defensive attribute is his soft hands. He has decent infield actions and fringy arm strength, and second base is his best position. He may be more utilityman than big league regular.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2015/?list=stl

So a fringy arm? Eh...

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2018 at 12:00 AM, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. MARINERS, 9/04)

NUMBER 4

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

RENATRAFAENUNEZ

o

o

(vs. YANKEES, 9/21)

Nunez and D.J. Stewart each hit 2-run homers in the 8th inning against the Yankees tonight, bringing the Orioles to within a run at 9-8.

o