Jim Palmer just threw Chris Davis under the bus

accinfo

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

Taking this and Palmer's convo at face value, it almost sounds like they did actually work, but Coolbaugh either didnt care for the results or the effort.  But I'm admittedly reading a lot into it and filling in the gaps

There’s work and there’s work.    Maybe Coolbaugh was saying they didn’t put in as much time as he would have liked.   

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Like, imagine you are trying to tutor someone before a big standardized test.

You spend many sessions with them, trying to help them study and go over the material.  You give them guides and various other tools.

Over the course of the sessions, it becomes clear to you that the student doesn't really care.......isn't putting in the effort.........is just goofing off and going through the motions.

Now it's the day before the test and someone asks you about how hard you worked with that student................. what would you say?

I can see why someone would be very tempted to lie and try to distance themselves from the kid as much as possible.

I'd say "I gave him everything he needs to be ready for that test. I can't take the test for him.  So it's a matter of seeing if he was paying attention and if it sunk in."

3 hours ago, Aglets said:

I believe Jim Palmer is telling the truth.  The question now is..........how do we know Coolbaugh told Palmer the truth?

Chris Davis / Buck have a definite reason to "lie" (potentially) to say he worked hard with Coolbaugh in the offseason.

After this disastrous start to the season, Coolbaugh himself though also has every reason to lie saying "no I never worked with him."

More evidence is needed, but clearly someone above is lying........again.......I don't think it's Palmer.

That's ridiculous. Lies always come out. You can't hide them. If Coolbaugh said that then that would be stupid. He would know the truth would come out. 

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Does even the most fervent Buck supporter believe that Trumbo hurt his knee?

That was about as close as you can get to a LOAD OF BS as possible.

I was a BIG supporter of Buck but JMHO his time here has run out just like every other place he's been. His undying player and coach loyalty out weigh the tuff decisions that need to be made and are hurting this club. If Tony is right and he was a big part of the decision to bring back Tillman then you gotta question this.

Playing Davis every day and batting him 5th and expecting different results is as close to  shear instantly right now as you can get.

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

There’s work and there’s work.    Maybe Coolbaugh was saying they didn’t put in as much time as he would have liked.   

I can see that. A hypothetical scenario like Coolbaugh was inclined to work every day for a month, they worked hard for a week and Davis says  "I'm good". 

Palmer's re-telling of the convo coulda been related poorly, where "We didnt work as much as we would have liked" turned into "we didnt work" on the post-game.  Or something along those lines.

1 hour ago, Dale said:

There is no amount of off season work that will help a person who cannot track a fastball; check out the video of one of his takes last night; his eyes were focused on third base as the ball crossed near the center of the plate.

I'd DL him for 10 days and run a battery of eye tests with a top  opthamologist; I'm concerned about more than his baseball career at this point 

And a legitimate use of the DL in my opinion. If something is found in that regard, he stays there till it is remedied and deemed a cure. If it takes as long as a Tommy John recovery, so be it. 

18 minutes ago, esmd said:

I'm not going to beat this to death.  As I said, I think it was more of a lost in translation issue, i.e. someone got someone's meaning confused or heard something wrong, got their signals crossed, had a miscommunication, etc.  It happens, and it happens frequently in organizations/companies that have a dysfunctional culture, which the Orioles seems to excel at.  It doesn't provide proof that someone is intentionally lying for whatever reason.  Again, we'll just to agree to disagree rather than continue to beat the dead horse.

This seems the most plausible explanation.    Its way to easy for somebody to get caught in this lie if they were lying.

25 minutes ago, esmd said:

I'm not going to beat this to death.  As I said, I think it was more of a lost in translation issue, i.e. someone got someone's meaning confused or heard something wrong, got their signals crossed, had a miscommunication, etc.  It happens, and it happens frequently in organizations/companies that have a dysfunctional culture, which the Orioles seems to excel at.  It doesn't provide proof that someone is intentionally lying for whatever reason.  Again, we'll just to agree to disagree rather than continue to beat the dead horse.

The way Palmer talked made it sound like this wasn't an isolated thing. 

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Does even the most fervent Buck supporter believe that Trumbo hurt his knee?

5 minutes ago, TouchemAll said:

That was about as close as you can get to a LOAD OF BS as possible.

I guess I don’t get it.   Why would Buck lie about something like that?   Yes, I believe him.   And Roch is reporting today that Trumbo had swelling in his knee.  

What exactly is the alternative explanation?    That Davis was mad that Trumbo tried to hold onto him as he was reaching into the dugout, so Buck benched Trumbo after he went 4-for-4 and then lied about his health to cover up the real reason?    Sorry, but that’s tIn foil hat territory to me.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I guess I don’t get it.   Why would Buck lie about something like that?   Yes, I believe him.   And Roch is reporting today that Trumbo had swelling in his knee.  

What exactly is the alternative explanation?    That Davis was mad that Trumbo tried to hold onto him as he was reaching into the dugout, so Buck benched Trumbo after he went 4-for-4 and then lied about his health to cover up the real reason?    Sorry, but that’s tIn foil hat territory to me.

The fact that Trumbo when asked about not being in the lineup and gave the response of go ask Buck was all I needed. JMHO

You really don't think Roch gives anything more then then company line right?

1 hour ago, pastorfan said:

Bat him 9th when you play him. Bench him often. Publicly state that you are requesting he take a minor league stint. Once he refuses, the locker room will become unbearable for him. He will beg for a buy out. The BIGGEST GOAL for the rest of this year is getting Chris dealt with moving forward. We can't have this going on in 2019.  

Yes. A thousand times yes. 

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Why would:

1. Trumbo say what he did if the injury was legitimate.
  2. Buck leave Trumbo in the game to play defense if he was injured
  3. No one noticed that Trumbo looked hurt when attempting that play.

I think it is much more likely Buck has some motivation for benching Trumbo for a game and used the knee as an excuse.

Archived