Drew Rom

MachoMachadoMan

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Rom with 5 no-hit innings tonight, 1 walk and 6 strikeouts over 75 pitches.

His ERA through July 6th was 1.54, as Frobby mentioned, he has scuffled over his last 6 outings, allowing 20 runs over 26 innings for a 6.92 ERA. He should have at least one more start, potentially two depending on playoff matchups.

Didn't really have the split change but was 88-91 t92 and the knuckle curve was quite good. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

His ERA through July 6th was 1.54, as Frobby mentioned, he has scuffled over his last 6 outings, allowing 20 runs over 26 innings for a 6.92 ERA. He should have at least one more start, potentially two depending on playoff matchups.

I think tonight was probably his last regular season start.     He generally pitches on 5-6 days’ rest, and there are only 5 games left in the regular season.    Assuming that’s right, he finished the regular season with a bang.    I’m looking forward to seeing how he’ll do in the playoffs.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Great to see. I have high hopes for Rom and this was a good thing to see to (probably) close out the regular season.

BTW @MurphDogg I'm grateful to you for the multitude of updates you provide throughout the site.  It's seriously appreciated.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Knuckle CU, eh? Mike Mussina good? Probably a stretch, but sounds encouraging.

I've seen write ups that only refer to a slider and the two pitches have similar action, the curve with a bit more vertical drop and a tick or two slower. I'm sure they are different pitches because I can see the grips from good CF cameras.

Since I’m pretty sure Rom won’t pitch again in the regular season, here are his final regular season numbers: 95.1 IP, 83 H, 36 R, 31 ER, 33 BB, 122 K’s, 2.93 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, 11.5 K/9, 3.7 K/BB.    Not that far off GrayRod’s numbers, even if he’s not at that level as a prospect.