O's @ Jays---7/10

micahl69

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I lost my connection for a couple minutes there...which prevented me from saying that I have faith that Mr. JJ will give us a nice BORING 8th inning...

BTW, I still believe Mr. JJ can do that...

I think we can blame that little unfortunateness on my ISP...

Except for that first little burp there, the rest of it was as it should be... so, on to the 9th with the lead...

I was kind of hoping we could avoid flat breezy time. Is that wrong of me.:mwahaha:

By guess is we would've seen it anyway... I think DT really, really wants to restore order, and the proper order of things is the SP gives you 7, then it's JJ, then it's Hat Guy...

I know this will be unpopular, but the bloom is clearly coming off the Johnson rose. There was a reason he was a pretty mediocre minor leaguer pitcher, albeit in a starting role, and very mediocre major league pitcher, again albeit mostly in a starting role. I think he'll be an above average reliever, but not the lights out 8th or 9th innning we looked like we had, me included.

No need to be facetious, I would have said that about anyone who would not have gone first to third in that situation.

And would you look at that, the Jays are within one run again instead of 2.

Well, if you want a legit answer and aren't just looking to pile on Hernandez, maybe it's because Hernandez is slow as dirt and you NEVER make the third out at third base. That good enough for you?

I know this will be unpopular, but the bloom is clearly coming off the Johnson rose. There was a reason he was a pretty mediocre minor leaguer pitcher, albeit in a starting role, and very mediocre major league pitcher, again albeit mostly in a starting role. I think he'll be an above average reliever, but not the lights out 8th or 9th innning we looked like we had, me included.

Oh, it'll be popular enough... every time we hit a little Rough Patch, folks start talking about how the wheels are coming off...

Nah. I agree with you there. I've been saying that Johnson's been getting fairly fortunate for a month now. :)

Geez it was one inning of relief. Cut the guy some slack.

Archived