O's @ Jays---7/10

micahl69

AJ with another pretty hit to the opposite field. thats how you know he is getting it. he is not worried about pulling the ball or hitting homeruns. he is putting good swings on the ball and making solid contact. thats how you have a long career.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
while everyone is pressed on ramon hernandez, i think that mora needs to go this off season. trade him, do something. he is awful and does not deserve to be in the lineup every night. its getting old.

He's in the lineup because he's making $8 million this year, and there's not really anyone in the system that can fill in at third right now and do a better job than Mora defensively. Finding another third baseman should definitely be a priority this off-season. I don't think Mora's contract expires till 2009, though. If that's the case, you're probably looking at another year of Melvin.

Though I feel this game slipping away AJ is a joy to watch.

Especially with the way that he's been hitting the ball the last month and a half or so. Watching him develop this year has been a treat. He's definitely going to be a special player.

I'm not a chronic Ramon-basher. But some of the stuff he does behind the plate could lead to a diagnosis of laziness. Oftentimes he just throws his glove at a ball in the dirt instead of moving his body over to block it. Obviously he knows that's not the right play, but he does it with some consistency.

I'm not in his head, so I don't know if it's laziness or just a player making a bad play.

When your legs are going this is what happens. Try sitting on your haunces for 3 hours and see how nimble you are afterwards.

He's in the lineup because he's making $8 million this year, and there's not really anyone in the system that can fill in at third right now and do a better job than Mora defensively. Finding another third baseman should definitely be a priority this off-season. I don't think Mora's contract expires till 2009, though. If that's the case, you're probably looking at another year of Melvin.

What About Scott Moore or Mike Costanzo? They both are young guys who are solid defensively and certainly have more pop in their bats than Mora does. Unfortunately, I don't think the O's would cut ties early with Mora.

Wieters homers in the 5th for the Baysox, scoring Reimold. Hopefully we will see the same next season for the O's.

wow i love to hear the sound of that. i think we will only have 1/2 of that combo. in the majors next year though. not tough to figure out which half.

When your legs are going this is what happens. Try sitting on your haunces for 3 hours and see how nimble you are afterwards.

I have knee problems... I don't move that well when I have to crouch down for anything. :rofl:

Archived