Mullins is with the Orioles! (edited)

terpoh

34 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Ahh it's so cute, Buck acting like his opinion still matters.

I'm sure the fact that LeBlanc is left handed isn't at all relevant.

It’s hard to prove you can hit left handed pitching if your manager concludes that you can’t hit left handed pitching after 20 at bats. It makes a lot of sense to give those at bats to Rickard and Andreoli because they clearly haven’t tapped into their potential yet ?.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sydnor said:

It’s hard to prove you can hit left handed pitching if your manager concludes that you can’t hit left handed pitching after 20 at bats. It makes a lot of sense to give those at bats to Rickard and Andreoli because they clearly haven’t tapped into their potential yet ?.

Buck has done such a terrible job managing this year that it makes me wonder if it is being done in spite.  

9 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Well, when someone is a switch hitter, let's see how they do...

I'm not the one y'all have to convince.  ?

50 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

When will you learn that Buck is smarter than anyone else in baseball (as Jim Hunter likes to remind us) and thus knows more than you.

49 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not in baseball.

You’re the smartest man not in baseball. 

On 8/31/2018 at 10:29 PM, El_Duderino said:

Why does Mullins need to be a LFer?

On 9/1/2018 at 5:22 AM, Thats Baseball said:

He doesn’t need to be a LF and his range has nothing to do with it. He is better suited for LF with his arm.  If you get a McKenna or a VVM then it would be a natural move because of the arm. Diaz has a better arm and projects well to RF but could also play CF. You want Mullins in LF because that means you got a better guy for CF. I’m not saying Mullins isn’t going to pan out, I’m just hoping the options coming up will force him over. Mullins left, Diaz/McKenna/VVM/Hays for CF and RF. Stewart to 1B

20 minutes ago, sevastras said:

He doesn’t need to be a LF and his range has nothing to do with it. He is better suited for LF with his arm.  If you get a McKenna or a VVM then it would be a natural move because of the arm. Diaz has a better arm and projects well to RF but could also play CF. You want Mullins in LF because that means you got a better guy for CF. I’m not saying Mullins isn’t going to pan out, I’m just hoping the options coming up will force him over. Mullins left, Diaz/McKenna/VVM/Hays for CF and RF. Stewart to 1B

I mean sure I hear you. Trout would be a better LFer if the Angels had prime Ken Griffey Jr.

53 minutes ago, El_Duderino said:

I mean sure I hear you. Trout would be a better LFer if the Angels had prime Ken Griffey Jr.

Close enough. The idea is he can stick at CF but isn’t a HOF generational talent there and could/should be moved off there by other talent within/hopefully to be in the organization who would play the position even better. It is mostly an arm thing. If someone like VVM were to pan out, you are looking at 70 speed 70 arm. Mullins is 60 speed 45 arm. Night and day for arm and faster than you can believe. 

1 hour ago, Sydnor said:

The Hyun Soo Kim Maneuver.

7 hours ago, sevastras said:

Close enough. The idea is he can stick at CF but isn’t a HOF generational talent there and could/should be moved off there by other talent within/hopefully to be in the organization who would play the position even better. It is mostly an arm thing. If someone like VVM were to pan out, you are looking at 70 speed 70 arm. Mullins is 60 speed 45 arm. Night and day for arm and faster than you can believe. 

I'm not sure where you heard VVM has double plus run and arm, but I haven't heard or read that.

Archived