Ryan McKenna Future Second Baseman?

NCRaven

Didn't know that McKenna played 2B in high school and has taken infield practice in the minors and at fall instructs.  Any chance that he could have a future on the infield dirt?  Adam Hall and McKenna double play combo?  Or is this just an off season what if that doesn't come to much of anything since McKenna may be our best option in CF anyway?

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-ryan-mckenna-afl-20181101-story.html

I think it's still a bit premature. Lets let Mullins, Hays and Diaz all prove they're everyday players first. If they are and McKenna's bat is good enough to warrant playing more than as a fourth OFer, then I'd understand the transition a bit more. For now, I'm just hopeful that two of the foursome of Mullins, McKenna, Hays and Diaz can stick as everyday options in the OF.

8 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I think it's still a bit premature. Lets let Mullins, Hays and Diaz all prove they're everyday players first. If they are and McKenna's bat is good enough to warrant playing more than as a fourth OFer, then I'd understand the transition a bit more. For now, I'm just hopeful that two of the foursome of Mullins, McKenna, Hays and Diaz can stick as everyday options in the OF.

Jim Callis raved about McKenna today on MLBNetwork in conversation as a top 100 player. 

2 hours ago, NCRaven said:

Didn't know that McKenna played 2B in high school and has taken infield practice in the minors and at fall instructs.  Any chance that he could have a future on the infield dirt?  Adam Hall and McKenna double play combo?  Or is this just an off season what if that doesn't come to much of anything since McKenna may be our best option in CF anyway?

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-ryan-mckenna-afl-20181101-story.html

It would just be karma paying us back for Mountcastle.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why would Karma owe us a payback for Mountcastle?

He couldn't throw when they drafted him.

Since we have to move an infielder into the outfield if Mountcastle goes to left, that would let us move an outfielder into the infield?  My guess.

Mountcastle (LF), Diaz (CF), Hays (RF), A. Hall (SS), McKenna (2B), Rutschman (C), Mancini (1B), Stewart (DH), ??? (3B)

29 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Since we have to move an infielder into the outfield if Mountcastle goes to left, that would let us move an outfielder into the infield?  My guess.

Mountcastle (LF), Diaz (CF), Hays (RF), A. Hall (SS), McKenna (2B), Rutschman (C), Mancini (1B), Stewart (DH), ??? (3B)

Mullins washed out?

9 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nice to see even the experts can get overly excited about the AFL.

Don't tell me McKenna was anywhere near a top 100 list when the season ended.

I’m sure there are some overreactions since it’s the only show in town right now, but I bet plenty of evaluators are seeing him for the first time.

I’ve had a 50 on him for a while, but he’s not top 100 IMO, too much doubt about how the power will play. 

3 hours ago, NCRaven said:

Mountcastle in left over Stewart, Mullins, and McKenna? Did Santander also fall totally away?

Mountcastle would be a great DH. But until he actually goes to the outfield, I'd rather have a true outfielder there.

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Mountcastle in left over Stewart, Mullins, and McKenna? Did Santander also fall totally away?

Mountcastle would be a great DH. But until he actually goes to the outfield, I'd rather have a true outfielder there.

Yeah. Santander is not someone with strong support. 

Archived