Give Sisco another Chance

Legend_Of_Joey

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just noticed it was off a lefty.

And I just noticed that coming into today’s game, he was hitting .345/.459/.645 off LHP.    That’s pretty big news for a guy who struggled vs. LHP at times.   

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2019 at 4:26 PM, orioles22 said:

If we take a catcher with the first pick, I wonder if Sisco could play the outfield. Or if he continues to hit at Norfolk, maybe he would bring something in a trade.

On 5/11/2019 at 5:05 PM, Can_of_corn said:

That's an issue for 2021.

Also, 1) you need two catchers anyway and 2) if Sisco's bat is good at the MLB level then he can rotate at 1B (with RHB Mountcastle) and DH as well as be a strong bench bat.  Doesn't need to be an OF just because there's another good catcher on the team (not saying AR is a sure thing, but him being the #1 catcher appears to be the premise we're working with.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Now the real question: Will they play Sisco the majority of the time now or are they gonna split him and Severino?

They could run a straight platoon, with Sisco facing righties and Severino starting against lefties. That would give Sisco about 2/3 of the starts.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• I agree, except for the 'gotta find a taker for Urias'.  We should NOT refuse to improve the team just because we can't unload Urias on someone.  Sure, I'd MUCH rather trade him and get some value for him.  But if no one wants him or isn't willing to give us anything for him, I'm not keeping Mayo in the minors just because I'm not willing to cut Urias.  Trade him IF we can, cut him if we must.  But let's get Mayo's bat in the lineup.  
    • I am not sure why the Orioles would make a trade for Luzardo in the next few weeks.  Luzardo has too many question marks regarding his ability to help the Orioles this year.   Any prospects dealt in the next few weeks should for players who can get the Orioles win the World Series this year.  If they strengthen the Orioles for 2025 and beyond, great.   If the Marlins will give up Luzardo for pennies on the dollar, then go get him.  
    • I think I may. When I originally made this post, I honestly didn’t realize he wasn’t going to be back until mid to late August. That really hurts the time frame for him to get his value up for the offseason. I mean, it could get higher imo, I’m not doubting that. But if it was at peak in the offseason and he’s 70 cents on the dollar now, how much will it go up after making 6-8 more starts? 80 cents on the dollar?  Does that increase warrant keeping him and risking that it doesn’t drop more? I don’t think the deal I offered is a slap in the face offer but I do think it’s an offer that has good but not great upside. How much you believe in Stowers and Norby obviously matters here. However, it gives them good depth, immediate ML help and several years of control.    But I could definitely see Miami wanting a better headliner and less quantity..I’m just doubtful they can get that unless they hold onto him for another year and hope he stays healthy and performs well. If he does, he can make back that trade value at that time. But, as we saw with cease, sometimes the risk just isn’t worth it and you have to take the best deal you can.  
    • We know the real answer.  Let’s see if we get it.  Lol
    • Those guys would cost who else, whos the headliner
    • Right.  SG wants to get a bargain.  Even if Luzardo’s arm falls off after the trade, he didn’t give up one player it hurts to part with.      No reason for the Marlins to sell low unless they think Luzardo never bounces back close to the 2023 level.
  • Popular Contributors