Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Right now the option is playing Davis or calling up Mullins or Stewart. 

The guy is done. How does Buck write his name in the lineup?  There’s a lot of nice guys on this message board but we’re not playing 1st base or making $ 20 million (except Frobby). 

I too think he is done. Buck writes his name on the lineup card because of that horrible contract. I do wish Buck would limit CD's at bats. But Davis is one of Bucks Boys. 

23 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I too think he is done. Buck writes his name on the lineup card because of that horrible contract. I do wish Buck would limit CD's at bats. But Davis is one of Bucks Boys. 

I really doubt that being one of “Buck’s boys” has anything to do with it.    The team has huge financial obligations to this guy and part of Buck’s job is to try to nurse him back to being a semi-productive player.    I think that’ll continue into the first couple months of next season.    After that, it’ll be interesting to see what they do if the situation remains unchanged.   

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I really doubt that being one of “Buck’s boys” has anything to do with it.    The team has huge financial obligations to this guy and part of Buck’s job is to try to nurse him back to being a semi-productive player.    I think that’ll continue into the first couple months of next season.    After that, it’ll be interesting to see what they do if the situation remains unchanged.   

Yeah , it's difficult for the team to give up on Davis now even if it's obvious he's done without the ADD meds. 

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Yeah , it's difficult for the team to give up on Davis now even if it's obvious he's done without the ADD meds. 

He takes ADD meds so far as we know.    In 2015 he was granted a TUE for Vyvanse and responded with the 47 homer campaign that led to his $161 mm contract.    We’ve never heard that he’s not still using Vyvanse.    

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Right now the option is playing Davis or calling up Mullins or Stewart. 

The guy is done. How does Buck write his name in the lineup?  There’s a lot of nice guys on this message board but we’re not playing 1st base or making $ 20 million (except Frobby). 

I suspect Buck will keep writing Davis' name in the lineup until the end of the season or his contract is renewed.  If Buck isn't an Oriole next year, Davis becomes somebody else's problem, and as we all can see it is beginning to look like a big, expensive one.  If that's what's going on, I can say I blame the guy.

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Are you really playing first base on your "legal eagle" softball team?  Says so above, IIRIC.  

1 minute ago, bobmc said:

Are you really playing first base on your "legal eagle" softball team?  Says so above, IIRIC.  

I still play softball most weekends.   It’s a pickup game in my neighborhood that I organize.    I prefer 1B, but sometimes play OF or C.     We play from late May to late October.    Half the players are 50+ but we also have a bunch of guys who are 20-35.   I’m definitely not the hitter I used to be now that I’ve hit my 60’s, but it’s still fun and a good way to hang out with a bunch of my neighbors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1