Ryan McKenna 2019

Luke-OH

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think RM would qualify as one of our most disappointing prospects in the first half of 2019.  While this is hardly distinguishing himself, I note that RM has an OPS in the .690 area for May and June against, as Luke noted in another thread, a AA league-wise average OPS of .676.

The last 10 games includes two of RM's seven HRs, a batting average over .320 and an OBP over .400.  June was RM's best month in terms of xbhs.  A little improvement in the BB and K ratios, which aren't awful, would go a long way toward improved results (for any hitter, of course including RM).  The last 10 games include a BB ratio near 10% (4 BBs in 41 PAs) and a K ratio under 20% (7 Ks in 41 PAs).  Maybe a corner is being turned ...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

I think RM would qualify as one of our most disappointing prospects in the first half of 2019.  While this is hardly distinguishing himself, I note that RM has an OPS in the .690 area for May and June against, as Luke noted in another thread, a AA league-wise average OPS of .676.

The last 10 games includes two of RM's seven HRs, a batting average over .320 and an OBP over .400.  June was RM's best month in terms of xbhs.  A little improvement in the BB and K ratios, which aren't awful, would go a long way toward improved results (for any hitter, of course including RM).  The last 10 games include a BB ratio near 10% (4 BBs in 41 PAs) and a K ratio under 20% (7 Ks in 41 PAs).  Maybe a corner is being turned ...

McKenna is still just 22 and has made progress at every level. Hoping he has a great 2nd half and spring training next season. We could really use a solid version of him in Baltimore.

He has struggled overall this year, but he's still shows flashes that get you excited. He hit a deep home run to the right of center field yesterday that was one of the longest home runs the home announcers had seen in that ball park. It was was on a 92 MPH fastball that he clearly barreled.

Add in his solid defense in center with an above average centerfield arm, and there's still thing to like about him. I'd like to see him have a really good second half and that could offset his disappointing first half.

10 hours ago, hoosiers said:

I read this and was thinking RM was Ryan Mountcastle.   Phew!  

Yes, McKenna has been a huge disappointment.