Ryan McKenna 2019

Luke-OH

4 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

He was promoted from Delmarva to Frederick with similar numbers. His OPS+ is actually higher than the league average, the Eastern League is a severe pitcher's league.

I feel Elias really wants to see guys dominate a level.

If Hays and Diaz has to repeat Bowie this year so does McKenna. 

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

I feel Elias really wants to see guys dominate a level.

If Hays and Diaz has to repeat Bowie this year so does McKenna. 

Hays was sent to Norfolk in spring training and Diaz was sent to Bowie because it was unlikely he’d be called up to the majors this season - instead they kept guys with MLB experience (Brugman and Williams) in the Norfolk OF.

I hope McKenna closes strong and makes it to Norfolk. He's good defensively, has 20 steals and is among the leaders in runs scored. I think he could hold his own there. I'd rather he spend 2-3 years in Norfolk than another year in Bowie. Watson should be there in 2022.

5 hours ago, orioles22 said:

I hope McKenna closes strong and makes it to Norfolk. He's good defensively, has 20 steals and is among the leaders in runs scored. I think he could hold his own there. I'd rather he spend 2-3 years in Norfolk than another year in Bowie. Watson should be there in 2022.

It depends a little on who else is in Norfolk.    

3 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

I think it will be McKenna, Diaz, Mullins and some AAAA journeyman.

Nah, it should be Hays, Diaz, some AAAA journeyman, and maybe Mullins. Diaz put up better numbers across the board at Bowie last year than McKenna currently has and Elias still had him repeat the level. Plus Hays hasn't performed well enough to be promoted and he needs to play CF every day. 

10 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Nah, it should be Hays, Diaz, some AAAA journeyman, and maybe Mullins. Diaz put up better numbers across the board at Bowie last year than McKenna currently has and Elias still had him repeat the level. Plus Hays hasn't performed well enough to be promoted and he needs to play CF every day. 

Diaz was in Bowie because there was no intention of him being used in Baltimore this season, not because of his performance in Bowie last season.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Diaz was in Bowie because there was no intention of him being used in Baltimore this season, not because of his performance in Bowie last season.

Also, the offensive standards for a center-fielder are lower than those of a right-fielder. And Diaz was a year younger than McKenna will be next year. And Diaz was not yet on the 40-man roster, which McKenna will be next year.

If Hays plays center for the Orioles, I think it will be Mullins in left, McKenna in center and Diaz in right at Norfolk with Rifaela backing up.

If Hays is in Norfolk, I'd guess Hays, McKenna and Diaz as starters with Mullins or Rifaela as the fourth outfielder.

21 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I always catch grief for bringing this up, but outside of two months at Frederick McKenna has never hit.

You probably catch grief for that because it isn't accurate. It was more like four months in 2018 between Frederick and Bowie, his OPS by month was .844, 1.056, .969 and .775. His second half of the season in 2017 at Delmarva was also solid. His OPS in July and August was .824 and .837.

He also had the third highest OPS in the league last year in the Arizona Fall League.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

You probably catch grief for that because it isn't accurate. It was more like four months in 2018 between Frederick and Bowie, his OPS by month was .844, 1.056, .969 and .775. His second half of the season in 2017 at Delmarva was also solid. His OPS in July and August was .824 and .837

He also had the third highest OPS in the league last year in the Arizona Fall League.

Baloney. 67 games in Frederick is his calling card. The 17 in Arizona aren’t worth counting and I believe are not counted by Baseball ref. And they are 17 games. I’m sure you can string together three weekends spread across two months and squint real hard and confuse yourself.  The guy’s performance this year is pretty much par for his career. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ohfan67 said:

Baloney. 67 games in Frederick is his calling card. The 17 in Arizona aren’t worth counting and I believe are not counted by Baseball ref. And they are 17 games. I’m sure you can string together three weekends spread across two months and squint real hard and confuse yourself.  The guy’s performance this year is pretty much par for his career. 

Takes less than 10 seconds to fact check that.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=mckenn001rya

2 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

You are the one that brought up months. I just gave you numbers for other months. If you want to dismiss that, it is on you.