Karns to IL (forearm strain), Phillips up

interloper

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m very happy with this signing. If it turns into nothing, it’s only 800k about ~ 1/10th of one WAR. 

Compare with 3 foolish Million guaranteed to Tillman, and win or lose, this transaction is a huge step in the right direction.

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m very happy with this signing. If it turns into nothing, it’s only 800k about ~ 1/10th of one WAR. 

Compare with 3 foolish Million guaranteed to Tillman, and win or lose, this transaction is a huge step in the right direction.

Tillman had some big seasons with us. I would rather throw 3 million away on him than 800k on Karns.  But in either case a waste of money. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Tillman had some big seasons with us. I would rather throw 3 million away on him than 800k on Karns.  But in either case a waste of money. 

Yes he had some good seasons for us, but that is no justification on wasting 3 million guaranteed dollars when he has Shown that his arm is toast. Also, please remember that the only other offer he received was a minor-league offer from the Tigers. Even if we thought that he could come back, a guaranteed major-league deal was unnecessary in addition to being unjustified.

Just now, Philip said:

Yes he had some good seasons for us, but that is no justification on wasting 3 million guaranteed dollars when he has Shown that his arm is toast. Also, please remember that the only other offer he received was a minor-league offer from the Tigers. Even if we thought that he could come back, a guaranteed major-league deal was unnecessary in addition to being unjustified.

Not that it means anything in the grand scheme of things but it was the Twins and Phillies that made offers to Tillman.

https://973espn.com/phillies-reportedly-make-offer-to-pitcher-chris-tillman/

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Karns was signed as a starter and after like a week the Orioles basically said he can;t start due to issues. This was a worthless signing.

Well it was a low risk move so anything he can provide to bide some time for actual prospects is a good thing. Hopefully Phillips will look better than he did last year. He'll to show much better command and consistent break on his slider.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Jeez, he’s a delicate little flower.    Hopefully we’ll get enough innings out of him to justify his $850 k.

I can't say this about a guy who lost part of his rib to pitching.

Maybe for once a forearm strain is just a forearm strain. 

Archived