If Elias doesn't select Rutschman...what would your reaction be?

Moose Milligan

What would your reaction be if Elias doesn't take Rutschman?  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What would your reaction be if Elias doesn't take Rutschman?

• Nuclear meltdown.
    • I've been happy with Elias so far, but this is a BIG strike one.
    • I fully trust Elias, Sig, the analytics team and that they made the right choice, even if I don't understand it.
    • Who's Rutschman? (Just kidding)

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Particularly with the Diamondbacks sitting there with their obscenely large pool.

Yeah, I just don't see a sure path to make up for the difference in value of a Rutschman vs a Vaughn. Maybe in a perfect scenario, but it's hard to imagine how the O's could craft such a scenario with the Diamondbacks having so much money and so many picks before 42. 

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

Yeah, I just don't see a sure path to make up for the difference in value of a Rutschman vs a Vaughn. Maybe in a perfect scenario, but it's hard to imagine how the O's could craft such a scenario with the Diamondbacks having so much money and so many picks before 42. 

I think they would have to have a deal in hand with someone who would try and dissuade teams from drafting them.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think they would have to have a deal in hand with someone who would try and dissuade teams from drafting them.

I'm not sure who that person would be unless it's Leiter in the third round at 3M overslot, that'd make sense, but I think he's going to go to school. Maybe you could buy Allan down to 42.

13 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

so positional weighting, C would be even more important.  How much would he even save?  How different are their projections.  It seems that C would still be the better choice.

You would be saving a lot, maybe 2M?

But catchers are a lot more valuable than right handed first basemen.  Vaughn would have to end up another Goldschmidt.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

You would be saving a lot, maybe 2M?

But catchers are a lot more valuable than right handed first basemen.  Vaughn would have to end up another Goldschmidt.

Depends what Rutschman turns out to be.   Let’s say he’s another Wieters.    Then Vaughn could be a lot worse than Goldschmidt.    But if Rutschman is another Mauer or Posey, that’s different.    

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Depends what Rutschman turns out to be.   Let’s say he’s another Wieters.    Then Vaughn could be a lot worse than Goldschmidt.    But if Rutschman is another Mauer or Posey, that’s different.    

I was assuming Posey.  

Goldschmidt was used since he's a right handed first baseman without an outstanding glove.

Archived