Chris Davis since he broke his 0-fer streak

Tony-OH

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, connja said:

Since hitting his high water mark of .191 on May 17, he is now 1 for his last 25, and back down to .163.  How much longer do we need to watch this?

Until the contract runs out. I don't believe ownership will allow Elias to dump a contract like this. There's been every reason to do it so far.

2 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

Until the contract runs out. I don't believe ownership will allow Elias to dump a contract like this. There's been every reason to do it so far.

I have no reason to know either way, but isn't a gradual erosion of resistance to leaving Davis behind likely, though maybe not before the mid-season 2020? I think he gets at least one more off-season and ST to "return to form."

7 hours ago, connja said:

Since hitting his high water mark of .191 on May 17, he is now 1 for his last 25, and back down to .163.  How much longer do we need to watch this?

3 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

I expected the O’s to give him 2 months, and then his hot streak earned him an extension.    Personally I think they’ll let this go a few more weeks and then cut bait unless something changes.   

44 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I expected the O’s to give him 2 months, and then his hot streak earned him an extension.    Personally I think they’ll let this go a few more weeks and then cut bait unless something changes.   

Wow, I'm surprised that you think it could be so close. Just a hunch?

19 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Wow, I'm surprised that you think it could be so close. Just a hunch?

Not even a hunch.    It’s what I would do.    To me the only wrinkle is that we won’t have a good team either way, so Elias may delay longer even though it’s pretty clear now that Davis can’t be rehabilitated.  

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I still think he gets most of the contract without a DFA. If they were closer to a3 year window it may be different. 

2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I still think he gets most of the contract without a DFA. If they were closer to a3 year window it may be different. 

Problem is, he’s going to be blocking players and forcing guys to play at suboptimal positions.    It’s already a problem, and will get worse when Mountcastle is ready for the majors.

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Problem is, he’s going to be blocking players and forcing guys to play at suboptimal positions.    It’s already a problem, and will get worse when Mountcastle is ready for the majors.

Rosters will be 26-man by then. He could be a very expensive pinch-hitter.

Now that Stewart is here, we're officially one player away from it being a real problem. For example, if Trumbo somehow makes it back, there's going to be a move we all don't like, whether it's DFAing Nunez or Ruiz, or optioning Stewart. They already had to get rid of their most versatile guy in Wilkerson. 

That said - the easy way out of this without releasing Davis is to trade Mancini. Which I think they would be insane not to do this summer. But it does give them more wiggle room with Davis, which is the downside.

I agree. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, but I don't know what it will take for ownership to sign off on a release.

I know it's a tin foil hat theory, but I wonder if the sons will wait for Mr. Angelos to be out of the picture. Kind of a respect thing.

Archived