Chris Davis since he broke his 0-fer streak

Tony-OH

4 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

The contract that keeps paying dividends

Davis manages to lose the game on defense, not able to field a single to RF

Is this guy not tired of being terrible at every facet of baseball?

In fairness, you can’t expect much defensively from a 33-year old 1B who is playing OF for the first time in 3 years due to a bizarre combination of injuries to other players.    His defense at 1B has been solid, and better than the last couple of years.   

It’s all about the bat.   

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

In fairness, you can’t expect much defensively from a 33-year old 1B who is playing OF for the first time in 3 years due to a bizarre combination of injuries to other players.    His defense at 1B has been solid, and better than the last couple of years.   

It’s all about the bat.   

Not sure why he was out there to begin with. Broxton. Wilkerson and Smith could have started in the outfield to begin the game. Not sure what the deal was with Broxton. Was he hurting or something else? 

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

He gave up a run and then knocked in a run. The rest of the lineup blew it by not taking advantage of plenty of scoring opps.

That said, I'm all for finding a way to get him off the 25-man roster.

4 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

I am sure every time a check posts to his bank account he is thanking the lord for baseball..  "Baseball has been very very good to me" - Chris Davis. 

4 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Not sure why he was out there to begin with. Broxton. Wilkerson and Smith could have started in the outfield to begin the game. Not sure what the deal was with Broxton. Was he hurting or something else? 

Maybe Hyde was trying to give him a day off and rest?

3 hours ago, Mizerooskie said:

I just think of his contract as paying for the 1st overall picks in 2019, 2020 and the 5th overall pick in 2021, and it makes me feel slightly better.

Fixed that for you!!!

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I am sure every time a check posts to his bank account he is thanking the lord for baseball..  "Baseball has been very very good to me" - Chris Davis. 

I remember the great Chico Escuela when he was attempting his comeback with the Mets in 1979.  One of the touching moments of my youth and has helped assuage my horrid memories of We Are Family chants or visions of Kent Tekulve in the 79 Series.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this has been talked about ad infinitum, but Davis looked absolutely awful at the plate as a pinch hitter in the eighth inning of today’s game.  He casually gazed at a called second strike as a fastball wizzed by him waist high right down the middle of the plate - he didn’t even pretend he intended to swing. He then watched a breaking pitch go by for a called third strike.  Again, he did not even attempt to protect the plate. The guy is totally lost as a hitter. He still has not attempted any adjustments to shorten his swing just to  make contact with the ball. It is all so difficult to watch as a fan.

On 6/7/2019 at 12:51 PM, foxfield said:

Fixed that for you!!!

I remember the great Chico Escuela when he was attempting his comeback with the Mets in 1979.  One of the touching moments of my youth and has helped assuage my horrid memories of We Are Family chants or visions of Kent Tekulve in the 79 Series.

Fine use of ‘assuage’.

57 minutes ago, yeoledugger said:

I know this has been talked about ad infinitum, but Davis looked absolutely awful at the plate as a pinch hitter in the eighth inning of today’s game.  He casually gazed at a called second strike as a fastball wizzed by him waist high right down the middle of the plate - he didn’t even pretend he intended to swing. He then watched a breaking pitch go by for a called third strike.  Again, he did not even attempt to protect the plate. The guy is totally lost as a hitter. He still has not attempted any adjustments to shorten his swing just to  make contact with the ball. It is all so difficult to watch as a fan.

Ok, but was it any worse than when he’s been a starter?

59 minutes ago, yeoledugger said:

Well on the bright side he is no worse than Broxton or Martin. 

Archived