Elias J2 International Orioles

interloper

Just now, Frobby said:

Yes, I understood that.   But I think it may be interesting to contrast the performance of the guys signed under DD with the ones signed after his departure.   I’m not sure I can tell which are post-DD, though there are certainly some we can peg as DD signees based on announcements made during his tenure.   

I think @Enjoy Terror has a list on the DSL thread in the minors forum. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

ME is certainly creating some expectations for J2.  

I wouldn't print up t-shirts if we are going to set a club record in spending based on our recent history with international spend.  I would print up t-shirts if we were going to blow through the club record and set some signing records - like first $1.0M signing bonus, or multiple signing bonuses over $500k or a lot over $250k.  

We will see.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• His fastball is way down, his strikeouts are awful. He's had 2 IL stints for his elbow and back. He's probably the riskiest proposition to even finish the season healthy let alone be effective. 
    • Is Mountcastle sacrificing power to maintain a higher average or has his bat speed slowed?   I think we were all excited when Mounty made it to the majors.  We knew we likely had a guy with low on base skills but he was also known to have pretty good contact rate and high-end power.  I remember when he hit 2 HR's in a game against Toronto at the start of his MLB career and he just pummeled a couple of middle in fastballs into left field.  In fact, it was obvious that you couldn't go inside on him because he had the capability of pulling balls off the plate inside and hitting bombs.  It became apparent the book got out on him and we saw the struggles on the sliders off the plate.  It appears he has made some adjustments over the last year by really focusing on letting the ball get deep and hitting the ball to the right side.   I am just not sure this version of Mountcastle is better than the other one that was looking to turn and burn on every mistake pitch.  Now we have a player that still has a low OBP even with a little higher average and diminished power numbers.   If he is never going to be a high on base guy I think I might rather see him start looking to pull the ball more and focus on his power numbers.   Thoughts?
    • Counting on Luzardo to be both healthy and pitching well is a big risk.  The trade package carries almost no risk at all.   The problem is that if Luzardo is the only starter acquired you have a much greater risk of losing the division.   The rotation is razor thin right now and Luzardo might not even be available until sometime in September and he wasn’t that great in April and May.
    • Man, no bump for Grayson after either of his last 2 starts.   Since that ugly Houston game, 19.1IP, 5ER, 5BB, 20K. I know we're not supposed to care about pitcher wins but with his general consistency and this team's offense he's got a shot to make a run at 20.  I'd like to see, though the legend of Mike Boddicker grows with each passing year.
    • This is pretty reasonable.  Scott might cost more due to market demands.  
    • Maybe?  It depends on who that pitcher is.    The Os are going to coast to the playoffs and perhaps the division. The whole idea is to make your team as good as possible for the stretch run and into the playoffs.    Fedde MAY (we have no idea if he will keep this up) be safer but do you feel comfortable with him starting game 3?  
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now