Did he tag him? Orioles lose 4-3 in 11

weams

The runner did not touch the plate. The catcher did not tag the runner. A run was not scored and an out was not recorded. Therefore, yesterday’s game is still live. I figure all that Sisco needs to do is tag Gurriel before today’s game commences and Hyde needs to appeal the MLB to reverse its decision. 

Game over - O’s Win! ?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yeoledugger said:

The runner did not touch the plate. The catcher did not tag the runner. A run was not scored and an out was not recorded. Therefore, yesterday’s game is still live. I figure all that Sisco needs to do is tag Gurriel before today’s game commences and Hyde needs to appeal the MLB to reverse its decision. 

Game over - O’s Win! ?

The Orioles want to lose though to help with their draft pick.  The Roysls are making it tough on us.

26 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

The Orioles want to lose though to help with their draft pick.  The Roysls are making it tough on us.

It was like that last year until we played them. Then we really got the upper hand on them by strategically losing all those games to them.

39 minutes ago, yeoledugger said:

Game over - O’s Win! ?

Fred Merkle lives. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, yeoledugger said:

Game over - O’s Win! ?

PineTarGate II

36 minutes ago, yeoledugger said:

Game over - O’s Win! ?

What is the actual rule in a case like that? If the replay ump had concluded that neither plate touching nor tagging occurred what happens then? In the Fred Merkle case the umpire on the field  called the famous out. It does look like Sisco's leg is touching home plate when he has possession of the ball....which is all you have to do in a case when the runner misses the plate and runs off toward the dugout. But did Sisco have to make an actual appeal to the umpire to have that count?

1 hour ago, yeoledugger said:

Game over - O’s Win! ?

My wife said this this morning. Just go tag.