Orioles claim and option Tayler Scott, DFA Gilmartin

MurphDogg

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

He didn’t make a particularly favorable impression on me in that game.  

He obviously didn't make a favorable impression with the Mariners either. 

Great baseball hair, but a bad baseball name. He is a South African Hayden Penn.

• Upvote 1

Just now, MurphDogg said:

He obviously didn't make a favorable impression with the Mariners either. 

Great baseball hair, but a bad baseball name. He is a South African Hayden Penn.

Maybe we just got him to pair him with Tanner Scott.    See if we can sneak a 26th player onto our roster without anyone noticing.    

• Haha 2

This is what I mean. Give Gilmartin-or anyone-a chance, and then designate him. If he gets claimed who cares? If he doesn’t, he goes down.

but bring up other guys from the minors. There should be multiple guys with irrelevant service clocks who warrant a look. No reason at all to keep Phillips or Wotherspoon around, for instance. Send ‘em down and call someone else up.

I think @DrungoHazewood and I got a little pissy at each other a couple weeks ago, I said something along the lines of no baseball players from Australia have ever impressed me.  El Drungo fired back that the Orioles can't be choosey with where they get talent from, that they need to be looking everywhere.

And Drungo was correct (as he always is, he's never wrong).  They should be looking everywhere.  But I think offbeat places like Australia that don't have strong baseball programs are a bit of a waste of time.

Well, here's a pitcher from South Africa, not typically a baseball powerhouse.  I'm assuming he doesn't finish the season here. 

If we were rugby fans and this were a player from the Springboks, I'd be very excited.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1