Eshelman up/Acquire Asher Wojciechowski from CLE

interloper

33 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Seems bizarre to me that the MLBTradeRumors article points out that we're familiar with Woj because of Elias' ties to Houston, rather than the fact he was in Norfolk last year (which they don't talk about).

If they liked him so much, they would have retained him in the offseason.  Desperate times call for desperate moves.  

2 hours ago, interloper said:

Wojciechowski had a brief stint at AAA Norfolk in 2018. 

Which I'm realizing now was in the tweet. Lol. 

He's got a 3.61 ERA in 15 AAA starts this season, which is a vast improvement over anybody we've got down there, basically. 

2nd in the IL in ERA.  At least we're trying to make moves to bring in some depth.  Eshelman too.  Also, Akin is up there pretty high too with a 4.20 ERA in the IL.  

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

I thought Rogers was getting put on the 60 Day DL for one of them.  Are we sure Wojo is on the 40 man?  

Not 100% sure but the mlbtradrumors tomorrow says he is being assigned to Rochester and speculates about him as the possible starter tomorrow now that Bundy isn't listed.

But I guess you are right, that isn't conclusive.   Even if he is going tomorrow, he might not go on the 40 until then.

....a quick check shows he wasn't on Cincinnati's 40 so I guess that means he doesn't have to be on ours either.

Good catch.

21 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Not 100% sure but the mlbtradrumors tomorrow says he is being assigned to Rochester and speculates about him as the possible starter tomorrow now that Bundy isn't listed.

But I guess you are right, that isn't conclusive.   Even if he is going tomorrow, he might not go on the 40 until then.

....a quick check shows he wasn't on Cincinnati's 40 so I guess that means he doesn't have to be on ours either.

Good catch.

Not so fast, I guess. No move has been announced yet (and it likely wouldn't be until tomorrow).

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, weams said:
Bundy to IL?

I think this is the Occam's Razor outcome. Bundy missing a start either means a trade or an injury.

If I was speculating locations for a trade, Chicago just put Hamels on the DL. They called up two relievers and not another starter.