Jace Peterson opts out. Update: Re-signed. Update: Promoted.

interloper

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Peterson apparently was re-signed today.    Guess he didn’t find any opportunity that was better.    

4 minutes ago, weams said:

Likewise. Also. The "Why Are Orioles So Dumb" contingent never really got to take flight!

@weams Can we change the thread title now please?

• Upvote 1

• weams changed the title to Jace Peterson opts out (Orioles SO DUMB!) Update. Resigned.

Peterson has no defense and no offense. Why in the world are you so adamant about keeping him? The only reason he re-signed with the Orioles was because nobody on the planet wanted him, including anybody in Japan or Korea.

I don’t care one way or the other, I’m just curious… Well, I guess I care enough to ask, But he’s not the player I dream of when I go to bed at night.

1 hour ago, weams said:

I would not think that that spending more money for Jace is in the rebuild plans. 

They have a history of being nice to AAAA guys when it’s small money for them. I think a lot of teams do that. And they do have to field a AAA team. 

19 minutes ago, Philip said:

Peterson has no defense and no offense. Why in the world are you so adamant about keeping him? The only reason he re-signed with the Orioles was because nobody on the planet wanted him, including anybody in Japan or Korea.

I don’t care one way or the other, I’m just curious… Well, I guess I care enough to ask, But he’s not the player I dream of when I go to bed at night.

Did I miss a post in this thread by someone? Who wanted him back much less was adamant about it?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Philip said:

I don't dream of any players right now. Not our time. I dream on the minor leaguers. And for them to stay there for awhile. 

1 hour ago, weams said:

I would not think that that spending more money for Jace is in the rebuild plans. 

Maybe he got a small raise. Like 50K more.  That's basically peanuts by baseball standards, but real money to actual people.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Hallas said:

Maybe he got a small raise. Like 50K more.  That's basically peanuts by baseball standards, but real money to actual people.

Sure. Or maybe they just paid him for the days he was unemployed.  I don't see the Orioles being overly generous until they break on through (to the other side.) 

• weams changed the title to Jace Peterson opts out (Orioles SO DUMB!) Update. Re-signed.
16 minutes ago, weams said:

Sure. Or maybe they just paid him for the days he was unemployed.  I don't see the Orioles being overly generous until they break on through (to the other side.) 

Maybe he was reassured he will be called up. He's having a nice season in AAA and we have 3-4 guys hitting under.200.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I'm not really cool with my thread title being changed here. It's fine to add in info like the fact that he's been resigned, but "O's so dumb" thing really makes it seem like that was my opinion, which it wasn't. 

Just saying. People create threads and their own titles, and hijacking those titles with jokey things really isn't what I signed up for here at the OH. I've changed it back and kept the update. 

• Upvote 1

No one should ever begrudge a man who is trying to find his way back to the major leagues through whichever means he and his agent feel is best.

Peterson is a 25th/26th man, utility guy who's value in that he can play ok defense at many places in the infield and outfield. Saying that, not sure what triggered his opt out, and then resigning. With Villar a potential trade chip over the next couple of weeks, you have to imagine he has a good a chance to get a recall after the trade as anyone. 

• Upvote 1